Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
YIKES !!!!!! BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

amother

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 9:57 am
I cannot believe I have them!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need chizuk and practical help.

So far only my DD's room has it. Can she go to school??

Will crying and screaming help get rid of it???

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 10:09 am
yes you can send her to school.
time to call a pest control company, shell out lots and lots of cash, and work very very hard for the next 1-2 weeks. arrghghhh. good luck!
(are you sure it's bed bugs? did you see them on her bed?)

amother

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 10:18 am
My DD looks likes she has dozen mosquito bites and she is the only one in the family that has it and she has her own room.

I will go check right now. Thanks for giving me a sliver of hope.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 10:44 am
there are some post about bed bugs in this site, check them out. I wrote some tips there. unfortunately I had it. you can take care of it on your own too, its HARD work. exterminators will just make you throw everything out. It does depend though how badly infested the room is.

slushiemom

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 10:46 am
Www.bedbugs.com sells encasements for the mattress that trap and kill the bugs

amother

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 11:17 am
Thanks, I looked at the older posts. They were most helpful

amother

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 11:21 am
Believe it or not...

there's a new idea on the bedbug scene - bedbug-sensing dogs (!!) that some exterminators have. B"H I don't have experience with it, but my father was thinking of going into the business (they're morbidly expensive to buy) and they seem to work. It might be worthwhile... some exterminators offer it as a service. the dog senses (!) the bugs.... it's supposed to work, can't hurt!

and CHIZUK TO YOU!! My mil went thru this - it was horrible. And she is the CLEANEST LADY ON THE PLANET. It has nothing to do with your "balabustishkeit".... *hugs*

amother

Post Sun, Oct 17 2010, 11:31 am
my married children was over for one Shabbos, and it seems SIL was getting bitten. shock However, we are not shelling out thousands of dollars for dubious results! When you sweep, you can examine the evidence in the dustpan. The critters hide in the floorboards.

I did some googling, and confirmed that what I saw in the dustbin, when I swept that room was in fact bedbugs. No need to call in expensive exterminators, and there are many ideas on google that you can do yourself.

You need to vaccuum your mattresses like for Pesach and encase them with the special covers. Put on clean linen. Wash often. You can also use hot air treatment, and I'm planning to use a blowdryer for that. There is also an alcohol treatment, you can spray with an alchohol solution in a spray bottle. You can put little traps around the foot of the bed, I'm not sure what, but maybe double sided tape.

Since we did all that vaccuuming , there were no more complaints, and I didn't find them when sweeping either. But I know I wasn't thorough enough, so I will repeat what needs to be done.

Bedbugcommunity

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 4:37 pm
The first thing to do is get an exterminator right away before the infestation gets worse.

Also, she can go to school but make sure her clothes are washed in warm water (it kills the bed bugs).

Last, my exterminator recommended I get bed bug proof mattress covers from securesleep.com for all my beds to keep the bedbugs away and it worked like a charm!

Good luck! LMK if I can help you more..

You can do this, you just need to act quick! Hatzlacha Raba!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry