Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
HELP ME NOT BINGE!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 3:29 pm
Crying Crying so my life is a disaster. I dont have energy to move. except I have three little kids. nagging whiny kids. my baby is teething she wont stop crying. I gave her orajel tylenol what not, held her, she played. nothing helps. she wont sleep more than a few mins. so I cant nap. by the time the kids come home im SO wiped out. All I can think of is chips and ice cream... I binge binge binge. IM GONNA GET FAT. HELP ME.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 3:32 pm
You need to take control. Have you seen a homeopath/energy healer ?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 3:43 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
You need to take control. Have you seen a homeopath/energy healer ?
no I dont have the cash for that

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 3:49 pm
First of all, you can't equate food with comfort. Food is a tool to satisfy hunger.

Find a homeopath or acupuncturist or whatever you need that is working on her education and will take you for free, or for a slilding scale.

2ndly, don't keep cr@p food in the house. You won't eat it if it's not there.

akc

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 6:00 pm
It is really difficult not to turn to food when your not getting enough rest. I do the same thing. I find it helpful to have healthy snacks on the kitchen counter so that it is the first thing I see. Foods like nuts and I drink alot of milk.

The other thing I find that gives me an energy boost when I'm tired and the baby won't let me sleep is to go out for a walk or do an exercise video. My kids love joining in with the videos so it can also be fun family time.

I hope this helps.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 8:09 pm
I found the book The Thin You Within You by Rabbi Abraham J Twerski to be really helpful with comfort eating.

manyhats

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 8:48 pm
If your 3 little kids nag and whine it's probably b/c their mommy is not happy. When I was a young mother there were only 2 things I focussed on; dinner and laundry. This was tackled early in the day. The rest of the day revolved around meals, naps, and outings. I was much happier this way and so were the kids. We went to the park, library, free play groups where both mommies and chidren stayed, pizza shop, and then the park again. I always tried to focus on the kids and did not worry about housework.
The
most wonderful thing is cleaning help for Shabbos. If this is not possible get husband and older children,s help.
I think if you set up a system that works for you you'ii be happier and less inclined to binge.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 18 2010, 10:11 pm
Have a low calorie treat that you can indulge in once a day. Example: snack size haagen daaz bar, a single serve bag of baked potato chips, a skinny cow ice cream cone

Try to do some exercise, walking is great. I find this really improves my mood and helps me to eat less. As a mom, it's hard to find the time to exercise, but if you make it a priority, you'll find the time to fit it into your schedule.

Find other outlets that help you unwind, like a good book, a puzzle etc.

You might find OA helpful. I went to meetings for a while and it was nice knowing I wasn't the only one using food to comfort myself. There are loads of phone meetings available, so it's easy to find support when you need it without even leaving your house.
http://www.oa.org/

Hug Hug Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise