Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
References-can I use them?

amother

Post Sun, Oct 31 2010, 12:00 pm
I live in an area that you need a lot of pull/ know the right ppl to get your child into school (I can start another thread on that-but I'm not going to). There's a family that we know really well (the husband was my teacher in sem) they helped me a LOT w/ shiduchim in more ways than 1 & when dh & I were having MAJOR shalom bayis issues- that brought out the worst in each of us & almost lead to divorce, he was involved on every level. Now, we don't have as much to do with them (we're doing very well B"H & have had a kid since then, but it's a bit embarrassing) & I'm not sure if we should put them down as a reference-like they know too much & won't be able to speak as highly of us as ppl who don't know about that point. What do you think?

c.c.cookie

Post Sun, Oct 31 2010, 12:02 pm
I would say not worth it. Even if they say a lot of nice things, like you say, they know a lot of things that might be hard for them to sound completely positive.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 31 2010, 1:29 pm
Maybe. But they might not say anything; they can be sued.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics