Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Dicing onions & crying....
Previous  1  2

yo'ma

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 5:19 am
Paddington Bear wrote:
I've tried most of the above advice already and still I end up shedding rivers of tears every time I so much as look at an onion. The next thing I'm buying will be these.

http://www.amazon.com/RSVP-Int.....r=8-1

My sister bought them, not in pink Wink , for my 13 yr old nephew because he cuts the vegetables shabbos morning and that includes onions and he loves them.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 6:54 am
you gotta be slick & quick ... chop chop chop

take advantage - sometimes you need a good cry Crying

yo'ma

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 7:14 am
Chloe wrote:
You gotta love onions!!! It's a great reason to use for your kids when you're really crying. "Oh no honey, I've just finished cutting up some onions" Yeah, lol.

Sometimes when I'm tearing while I'm cutting onions and my kids ask me why I'm crying, I start by telling them, well, I was very sad that you did xyz shock . I do end up telling them the truth Wink .

golden judgement

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 10:27 pm
I read this tip recently and it works! Put the onion in the freezer for 20 minutes before cutting it.

louche

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 10:35 pm
Karnash wrote:
A scuba diving mask works great!! LOL LOL LOL
Looks ridiculous but works great!

1. Refrigerate the onions overnight before chopping
2. Wear chemical splash goggles, preferably the unvented kind. These are tight-fitting goggles that are held in place with an elastic strap, something like a scuba mask, but are cheaper and available in hardware stores. Or else get regular swim goggles from a sporting-goods store.

Growing

Post Thu, Nov 11 2010, 10:46 pm
This is why I joined imamother and keep coming back to browse the threads although I am leaving other more important things undone... I just love the practical tips one can get here - thanks for all the tips advice!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen