Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Lost & Found/Hashavas Aveidah

mom1/2dz

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 11:57 am
Is there a worldwide type of WhatsApp chat or forum for Hashavas Aveidah?

zaq

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 12:54 pm
Doubt it. There are classifieds in local frum publications in places like Lakewood.

A Worldwide Whatsapp group would be more trouble than it's worth. Do you really want to get notices that someone found a siddur in Dvinsk, a tallis in London, a Chai necklace in Moscow, a briefcase in San Francisco, a silk scarf in the Chabad House in Ecuador, and a math notebook in a taxi in Givat Shaul?

singleagain

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:03 pm
Check Facebook.

Find a local group and post and tell ppl to share if they know anyone who may have been visiting.

My brother once lost is wallet on a bus in Israel they found him through Facebook to get it back to him.

mom1/2dz

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:05 pm
Well, if it's a WhatsApp group, it can be muted and you may have a gazillion posts, but then you can search for something specific and it's all in one place.
In my case now, I have a family member who found a diamond ring in Israel but she doesn't live there and is not frum, so she doesn't belong to any frum groups. I thought if I could search somewhere to see if it was posted as a loss I could help find the owner.

singleagain

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:12 pm
Where did she find it? Go to the Facebook group of that city, or nearest one and post "found diamond ring. This city. This street. This time. This day. Contact this person if it belongs to you. Please circulate this notification help so a mitzvah"

Brit in Israel

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:39 pm
They have to contact someone in Israel to put it on WhatsApp or emails and everyone passes it on.
Just yesterday someone lost their child's cochlear implant in a car they got a ride with. put it out on an email, it was circulating, went on WhatsApp, a police heard from a WhatsApp group called a security guard of the area who checked the cameras found the plate number of the car the police called the car owner and they found the implant worth 35000nis within a few hours!

If they don't have anyone else in Israel and want to contact me to put it out pm me.

zaq

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 1:41 pm
What makes you think the ring belongs to a frum person? Did she find it in a mikveh?

mom1/2dz

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 6:06 pm
zaq wrote:
What makes you think the ring belongs to a frum person? Did she find it in a mikveh?

No but on the streets in Yerushalayim in the city center. There's no way to know. It's just an expensive looking ring so I feel bad that someone lost it. The finder won't go out of her way but I could for her.

MySpace

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 6:34 pm
I feel like I once saw a national hashavas aveida listed in the newcomers guide.
I've moved since and don't have t anymore...

MySpace

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 6:34 pm
Brit in Israel wrote:
They have to contact someone in Israel to put it on WhatsApp or emails and everyone passes it on.
Just yesterday someone lost their child's cochlear implant in a car they got a ride with. put it out on an email, it was circulating, went on WhatsApp, a police heard from a WhatsApp group called a security guard of the area who checked the cameras found the plate number of the car the police called the car owner and they found the implant worth 35000nis within a few hours!

If they don't have anyone else in Israel and want to contact me to put it out pm me.

I got the email and was like whats the chances of tracking it down...So happy to hear that it was found!

mom1/2dz

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 6:41 pm
MySpace wrote:
I got the email and was like whats the chances of tracking it down...So happy to hear that it was found!

An amazing story!

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 6:45 pm
there is a Whatsapp lost and found group but usually it's NY related.

mom1/2dz

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 6:49 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
there is a Whatsapp lost and found group but usually it's NY related.

This is tough because it could have been an American or any other foreign person visiting....

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 7:19 pm
https://chat.whatsapp.com/Gbl4.....D0jcg

mom1/2dz

Post Thu, Apr 18 2024, 8:39 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/Gbl4p2QMoo8Fc4GnCD0jcg

Thanks! Link didn't work. It said it was reset?

Shuly

Post Fri, Apr 19 2024, 10:29 am
Israel countrywide Lost & Found gemach - call 1599-500-0003
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics