Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amother

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 6:55 pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, my daughter is 12 and I just needed to get that out.

She's such a sweetheart, but we always knew she'd be a tough teen.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 6:56 pm
Sorry about off the page. I didn't realize that would happen. Can a mod please fix it? Thanx!!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 7:23 pm
I think that for off the wall behavior you are fully entitled to go off the screen. No problem on my computer.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 7:33 pm
I can relate!
My daughter (13) is also so sweet and has a heart of gold but those "teen moments" (or hours or days Wink !)
can be challenging!

achayl

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 7:57 pm
Someone once told me that grandchildren are your reward for not getting rid of your teenagers.

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 8:08 pm
I've just discovered something harder than having a teenage daughter

having two teenage daughters!

(and I have a bunch of teenagers-in-waiting, too!)

mummy-bh

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 8:10 pm
achayl wrote:
Someone once told me that grandchildren are your reward for not getting rid of your teenagers.
"when your kids are small, they're so cute you could eat them up. when they get bigger you wish you had"

amother

Post Thu, Dec 02 2010, 11:38 pm
Just some sympathy here. I've got an 11 year old who is much like that. Sometimes she just amazes me with her goodness and othertimes I can't believe what comes out of her mouth.

Someone gave me the analogy to the toddler who has a tantrum but really can't control it.

I've discovered that some time alone (in her room, she may not have a fit in the living room) and usually some food (usually happens when she's hungry or tired) can cause the "good girl" to re-emerge.

the issue is what to do about the language/behavior that was used in the tantrum phase . . .

grace413

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 1:22 am
It's a challenge. You are not alone.

amother

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 2:01 pm
We have a 13 year old and a 12 year old.
My 13 year old just makes me want to SCREAM. She is just awful, and sneaky, and well just constantly doing things that drive everyone nuts.
I was preparing myself for the worst with the 12 year old, but she is GREAT. Sure, she has her moments. I think she sees how awful her sister is, and doesn't want to be like that!!!

Funny thing is, as babies, toddlers, and young children, the younger daughter was so DIFFICULT. Oh well, maybe she figures she was awful for long enough! My oldest daughtetr was really pleasant. It's interesting how they have flipped!

How long ago did your dd turn 12? With my oldest, she changed literally overnight the second she turned 12 and we have had a constant, increasing battle for a year now! Gets worse everyday!

grin

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 2:10 pm
How old did you say? 12? 13?

I hate to say this, but IMO it'll get worse before it gets better - hold on tight for another couple of years. Better yet, send them all to a desert island - they'll be happier too!

aidelmaidel

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 3:04 pm
I currently have a 16yo boy and 13 yo girl (step children). I hear you.

My DH and I did the math and at some point in the future all three of our girls (his and mine) will all be teenagers at the same time - 19, 14, & 13.

He says he's planning on moving out until they're all married.

Wink

amother

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 3:21 pm
Diff amother here:

I was once complaining to my brother about my kiddoes how hard they are, he claims that if they act like teenagers when theyre little when we can still handle it they'll have gotten it out of their system so by the time they do become teens they'll be (hopefully) pleasant and normal. My dd is 6 going onto 16. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................... she's at that stage where whatever is on her tongue comes out of her mouth. I'm going insane!! I hope what my brother said is true because I can't imagine what she'll be like as a teen if this is how shes acting now!!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 4:26 pm
op here
My dd has been 12 for 1/2 a year and she must have just realized she's almost a teen Confused because she only started getting really impossible the past 3 months or so. I'm not looking forward to the next few years with her, but I'm going to try really hard to cherish the good times Wink . B'h, the rest are boys.

mazelandbracha

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 5:22 pm
Hug I have a 16 yr old, 14 yr old, and 11 1/2 yr old - all girls. Your post gave me a great laugh, I just had to send a hug! Did it help you feel better? I find that the scream works best when you add chocolate. Hang in there!

amother

Post Mon, Dec 06 2010, 9:39 pm
Hmmmm, I was just hiding out now trying to destress from spending the day with my teen and chocolate sounds great! Seriously though, does anyone have real tips for how to handle it all?
The chutzpah
The wanting (or in their minds - needing) everything
The messy rooms
The attitude...
When they are sweet they are delicious but when those moods come on... HELP!
Is it just a waiting game or are there tried and true parenting techniques out there that work for teens?

grin

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 10:34 am
amother wrote:
op here
My dd has been 12 for 1/2 a year and she must have just realized she's almost a teen Confused because she only started getting really impossible the past 3 months or so. I'm not looking forward to the next few years with her, but I'm going to try really hard to cherish the good times Wink . B'h, the rest are boys.
uhmm, I hadn't noticed that boys don't become obnoxious as teens. They hit and fight, as well.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 11:56 am
My DD (12) can be the most helpful and sweet pre-teen around, but she can get moody and be absolutely aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

My older sister told me it gets a little bit better once they develop, as the hormones stabilize a wee bit then.

If she takes after my family (and she seems to so far), we have a while till then.....

amother

Post Tue, Dec 07 2010, 12:11 pm
I'm far from being a mother of a teen but I love faber and mazlish's books
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children