Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
My first cleaning lady

amother

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 9:41 am
I've been married over 8 years b'h and I've managed just fine without a cleaning.
Now at 7 months pregnant, I finally got the guts to go ahead and try to find myself one.
Then today on her first day she had to cancel.

That's it. I'm furious. I had my whole Friday planned around how I was going to relax this week. and of course my kids are home for chanukah vacation

I'm just ready to cancel the whole idea and just forget that I even considered having a cleaning lady ever again!

yummymummy

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 11:06 am
why on earth would you do that !?! you have to be prepared for little bumps in the road when it comes to finding good household help. I say "on to the next!" and don't be surprised if she's a slow cleaner or a complainer or any of a dozen other issues that might come up. just keep looking until you find the right one. it's worth it.

Capitalchick

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 11:12 am
Oy...talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face...

No cakes

Post Fri, Dec 03 2010, 11:17 am
[quote]I've been married over 8 years b'h and I've managed just fine without a cleaning.
Now at 7 months pregnant, I finally got the guts to go ahead and try to find myself one.

Wow thats how long it took you to get a cleaning lady??
I got one the week after I got married I cant live in a mess. even though 2 people living in a house dont make a mess but I liked the ultra cleanness.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 04 2010, 2:25 pm
yummymummy wrote:
why on earth would you do that !?! you have to be prepared for little bumps in the road when it comes to finding good household help. I say "on to the next!" and don't be surprised if she's a slow cleaner or a complainer or any of a dozen other issues that might come up. just keep looking until you find the right one. it's worth it.

I agree. It's difficult to find good cleaning help, but once you find someone good, it's a wonderful help.

I currently have someone come in once a week. She works very slowly, but she's super reliable and does a good job. I think the most important quality in a cleaning lady is that she be reliable and show up unless a major emergency (ch'v) comes up.

Look some more, try again, eventually you will find someone you like. It's like a load off my shoulders, knowing the house will be well-cleaned once a week.

Liba

Post Sat, Dec 04 2010, 2:32 pm
I finally found cleaning help who was supposed to be here for four hours on Friday. I was so excited but she canceled Friday morning at 9am.

I am still recovering from surgery and all my kids were home on Chanukah vacation. I was not pleased.

I feel for you!

greentiger

Post Sat, Dec 04 2010, 2:42 pm
[quote="No cakes"]
Quote:
I've been married over 8 years b'h and I've managed just fine without a cleaning.

Wow thats how long it took you to get a cleaning lady??
I got one the week after I got married I cant live in a mess. even though 2 people living in a house dont make a mess but I liked the ultra cleanness.

You do realize that not having a cleaning lady does not = living in a mess. Some people actually know how to clean up themselves...

Liba

Post Sat, Dec 04 2010, 2:48 pm
greentiger wrote:

You do realize that not having a cleaning lady does not = living in a mess. Some people actually know how to clean up themselves...

Thumbs Up Flower

I have to agree with you on that as well.

Cleaning help can be a wonderful thing when it goes well, but there are plenty of people in immaculate homes without cleaning help.

Wink My house was clean for Shabbos, even with my no show cleaning lady. It was a lot more stressful and I pushed myself too much and paid for it, asked a lot of my kids which made me feel like I was nagging them, but we got to Shabbos B"H with a clean house.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry