Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
IMAMOTHER Dictionary!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

cc

Post Thu, Mar 24 2011, 3:35 pm
Or world war

hadasa

Post Fri, Mar 25 2011, 2:21 am
Yes, some are rather ambiguous, like BM, which has been used for Bar Mitzvah and breastmilk, as well as the obvious.

c.c.cookie

Post Fri, Mar 25 2011, 5:46 am
hadasa wrote:
Yes, some are rather ambiguous, like BM, which has been used for Bar Mitzvah and breastmilk, as well as the obvious.

Um, at the risk of sounding like a complete ignoramus - what IS the obvious?

hadasa

Post Fri, Mar 25 2011, 5:55 am
Bowel movement

c.c.cookie

Post Fri, Mar 25 2011, 6:02 am
hadasa wrote:
Bowel movement

Oh, right. You're right - that was obvious.

Tiale

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 5:04 am
Mod - moderator (who keeps an eye on threads/posts/appropriateness)
What are bump and trolls (I get the concept but what exactly are they)?

runninglate

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 5:38 am
im glad I noticed this thread. I keep meaning to look it up and ask what does psa mean?

tsiggelle

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 7:51 am
RR6178 wrote:
im glad I noticed this thread. I keep meaning to look it up and ask what does psa mean?

public service anouncement?

Tiale

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 8:11 am
What are bump and trolls ?

mosma

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 9:14 am
bump is when you posted something and no one replied and it's off the homepage list now and you want to get it back on so ppl will see it and possibly respond so you write bump and you're "bumping" it back to the homepage where it will be seen.

trolls are ppl who make up stories to get reactions or bec they're bored.

Tiale

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 9:27 am
Thanks! Smile

csfm

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 9:41 am
LeahsEma wrote:
We should also have a Hebrew/Yiddish dictionary for those who never had the benefit of a Hebrew Day School/seminary education...

Might be better than having to google a term or phrase...but I speak for myself.

Yes, that would be very helpful.

Yocheved84

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 1:43 pm
I would like to add that the correct spelling of the synonym of envy is JEALOUS. There have been multiple spellings of the word on here today. The word is JEALOUS.

c.c.cookie

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 1:47 pm
Yocheved84 wrote:
I would like to add that the correct spelling of the synonym of envy is JEALOUS. There have been multiple spellings of the word on here today. The word is JEALOUS.

THANK YOU! It's been driving me crazy, especially the one that's misspelled in the thread title. We should have spell check on imamother. I think it would very much come in handy...

tsiggelle

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 1:52 pm
c.c.cookie wrote:
Yocheved84 wrote:

THANK YOU! It's been driving me crazy, especially the one that's misspelled in the thread title. We should have spell check on imamother. I think it would very much come in handy...

hear hear! its the english teachers' conference! now what do you say about my invisible capital letters? at least I have my spelling down correctly ( I hope) and the punctuation.

Yocheved84

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 1:56 pm
tsiggelle wrote:
c.c.cookie wrote:
Yocheved84 wrote:

hear hear! its the english teachers' conference! now what do you say about my invisible capital letters? at least I have my spelling down correctly ( I hope) and the punctuation.

I'm guilty of my misspellings, lack of capitalization, etc. We're an online community, after all. Smile Today was just a pet peeve. I love our differences! And this is the one place where I'm not judged or have to think too strongly before writing, unlike my job where **everything** is evaluated!

runninglate

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 2:28 pm
tsiggelle wrote:
RR6178 wrote:

public service anouncement?
thank you tsiggele!!!!!! Its been driving me crazy!! Dont know why I cldnt figure that out.....

LUV2SLEEP

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 4:12 pm
What does AF stand for? I know what it means but what is the exact word(s) starting with AF? Thank you for this thread there are so many that I didnt know until now embarrassed thanx!

supermom11

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 8:15 pm
LAWL?

amme

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 9:16 pm
LUV2SLEEP wrote:
What does AF stand for? I know what it means but what is the exact word(s) starting with AF? Thank you for this thread there are so many that I didnt know until now embarrassed thanx!

AF= Aunt Flo
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room