Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
OT's, PT's, therapists...Is this how it's supposed to work?
Previous  1  2

pappymom

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 10:33 am
I am a speech therapist and what I am hearing is totally not right! At the start of the year, as soon as I get my caseload, I buy each client a notebook. Most activities and arts n crafts are done in there so that the parents can see what we are working on. As needed, but no less than every couple of weeks, I write a note to the parents and send the notebook home with the child. The children are so proud to show off their projects to their parents! This is in addition to regular phone calls to parents. I have to admit, I tend to communicate more often with some parents than with others, and it is usually the ones who show interest in their child's progress that I speak to more often. Some parents do not appreciate periodic phone calls, but even then I do call, because I want to do my job. But it surprises me that as a parent, you requested to be kept in the loop and the therapists are not responding. :shock:

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Dec 22 2010, 5:16 pm
call the agency & complain.
seriously!
I work for yeled v'yalda as a seit. we're supposed to call at least once a month. I know some other therapists may call every other month, especially if they have 20+ students. But a little bit once in a while is a must!!
my son has speech therapy thru a different agency. and while she doesn't call very often, he has a notebook and I can see what they're doing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children