Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Is it appropriate to tip a principal?

proudmother1

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 6:43 pm
Hi, I would like to hear from others about tipping a principal. Is it customary? Will the principal be offended? My kids are in a new cheder and the principal has really gone out of his way to make them happy. I want to show appreciation, but do not want to risk offending him. How do we do it, and what/how much do we give? When is an appropriate time?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 6:44 pm
What about sending something for the whole school office staff ?

octopus

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 7:12 pm
maybe sending a really nice mishloach manos purim time with a nice note?

Grandmama

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 7:31 pm
I have tipped principals even though I was one of the few that did. A lovely handwritten poem, and a gift certificate or cash were what I sent, whether before Chanuka, Purim time, or when I got to the PTA.
Everyone appreciates a gift, whether just a note, chocolates, a small something, or just a personal thank you phone call. I believe that they work very hard and get more complaints than thanks, and I wanted to be one of those few that appreciated their work and gave the thanks. They were very happy.

Ronit

Post Sun, Dec 26 2010, 7:56 pm
There's nothing wrong with tipping someone who has gone out of their way for you.

Besides for my sons teachers, we tipped the secratary. Just as a thank you for looking out for him. Which he does.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children