Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How do you get your clothes to smell yummy from dryer?
1  2  Next

ttbtbm

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 1:37 pm
Mine come out nice and fresh - with a bounce dryer sheet. I'm looking for that yummy, fresh scent that fills the house. mmmmm

busydev

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 2:03 pm
ditto on the bounce

Mishie

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 2:06 pm
Liquid fabric softener, added during the rinse cycle.

Ronit

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 2:12 pm
I use bounce too.

Bliss

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 2:20 pm
It might be smelling yummy but you're not smelling it. You sorta get immune to the typical odors in your house. If I may ask, isn't bounce very unhealthy?

mom/2

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 2:38 pm
I use bounce as well (2 for a load) but you get used to the smell of your stuff. I recently started using softener which I found adds a good smell too. Try Downy, supposed to give it a good smell.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 2:47 pm
I use liquid downy in my washer as my appliance repair guy claims the bounce sheets were killing my dryer

milchigs

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 3:46 pm
Mishie wrote:
Liquid fabric softener, added during the rinse cycle.

Didn't know you're supposed to do that! So if I was always putting it in at the beginning, was that for nothing?

myself

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 3:54 pm
I don't think you have to add it during the rinse cycle. I always put it in at the beginning and my laundry always smells heavenly! Perhaps every washing machine works differently.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 4:15 pm
Some machines have a place to add liquid softener at the beginning, which will be released during the rinse cycle. Otherwise, it needs to be added by hand at that time. Adding it to the initial cycle is pretty worthless, IME, as it will be rinsed away.

But why on earth would you want your laundry to smell *yummy* *Yummy* is a word that small children use to refer to food. I want my clothes to smell fresh and clean, not like a chocolate chip cookie. The use of *yummy* in this manner, or worse yet, referring to children as *yummy* or *delicious,* literally turns my stomach. There are enough words in our lexicon to describe children and laundry without making them sound like food.

Happy 2B

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 4:20 pm
bounce is unhealthy? I never heard that!! someone please enlighten me!

ttbtbm

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 4:23 pm
After all these days snowbound with all the kiddies, I guess I'm starting to talk like them! LOL
I have never tried fabric softener. I was probably turned off from that old TV commercial of that lady who always "forgot to add the fabric softener"! Wink I'll have to try it out though.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 5:15 pm
Sure it's unhealthy. It's chemicals.

crush

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 5:30 pm
amother wrote:
Some machines have a place to add liquid softener at the beginning, which will be released during the rinse cycle. Otherwise, it needs to be added by hand at that time. Adding it to the initial cycle is pretty worthless, IME, as it will be rinsed away.

But why on earth would you want your laundry to smell *yummy* *Yummy* is a word that small children use to refer to food. I want my clothes to smell fresh and clean, not like a chocolate chip cookie. The use of *yummy* in this manner, or worse yet, referring to children as *yummy* or *delicious,* literally turns my stomach. There are enough words in our lexicon to describe children and laundry without making them sound like food.

Oh but I like the word yummy! I call lots of things yummy, laundry and kids included. It's a yummy word Very Happy
Also, don't be amother. That's not so yummy Wink

Justlookup

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 5:45 pm
I also use downy fabric softener in my wash - I guess if you have a top-loading/older machine you need to manually add it during the rinse cycle but most machines that I've seen (my mother, sister, my own, mil) have a special slot for fabric softener so I suppose it adds it automatically then.
My clothing always comes out fresh and smelling beautiful. You do get desensitized to the smell though, as I dont smell it anymore really, but get compliments often from others, especially relatives or people who see my baby once in a while and say 'I love the smell your baby's clothing always has!'
I like the smell and softness that it gives even if its not so strong to me - and also, I switch scents every once in a while so that I can experiment with diff smells.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 8:08 pm
If your machine doesn't have a specific slot for fabric softener, and you need to add it to the last rinse cycle, just buy the reusable Downy ball.
You fill it to the line with softener, then close the ball, and place it in the washer with the rest of the clothes. The ball automatically opens during the rinse cycle and releases the fabric softener at the right time, not before.

Marigold

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 8:18 pm
I must be the odd one here but I don't like when clothing smells 'yummy.' I like clothing that smells clean, and thats what my regular detergents do for me during the wash cycle. All these fabric softeners smell makes me nauseous.

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 8:26 pm
Am I the only one here using the new Bounce bars that you stick in your dryer and it last about a month?

I love them and they make the clothes smell amazing!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 8:28 pm
Paddington Bear wrote:
I must be the odd one here but I don't like when clothing smells 'yummy.' I like clothing that smells clean, and thats what my regular detergents do for me during the wash cycle. All these fabric softeners smell makes me nauseous.
Lol, you sound like me.
I only use fabric softener in my towel loads (even though I know that the towels are less absorbant after being rinsed with softener...) because I like my towels super soft.
And the only time I use Bounce sheets is for anti-static on my shaitels in the winter, and to keep mosquitos away from dd's bed in the summer LOL

Justlookup

Post Wed, Dec 29 2010, 9:08 pm
what? bounce sheets help with anti-static on ur shaitels??? Tell me about that please! I need this tip emergency! Smile My coat totally messes up my shaitel these days.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry