Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Never assume.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jan 01 2011, 9:31 pm
I just wanted to point out that we should never assume things when we dont know the whole story.

I was on my facebook page last night and saw that a friend was on at a time when shabbat was not out et in america but she was on nonetheless and I had always thought that she was shomer shabbat. I was so upset that I started telling my husband about it, without telling him who it was, just that I was so upset to find out that a friend was no longer religious.

Then this morning, I see something that she wrote and it was so obvious that I was wrong, that she had made aliyah and was in Israel and so shabbat was in fact over when she had been on.

And boy did I feel terrible, for assuming something that was not true.

NEVER assume anything unless you know the ENTIRE story.

zipporah

Post Sat, Jan 01 2011, 9:33 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I just wanted to point out that we should never assume things when we dont know the whole story.

I was on my facebook page last night and saw that a friend was on at a time when shabbat was not out et in america but she was on nonetheless and I had always thought that she was shomer shabbat. I was so upset that I started telling my husband about it, without telling him who it was, just that I was so upset to find out that a friend was no longer religious.

Then this morning, I see something that she wrote and it was so obvious that I was wrong, that she had made aliyah and was in Israel and so shabbat was in fact over when she had been on.

And boy did I feel terrible, for assuming something that was not true.

NEVER assume anything unless you know the ENTIRE story.

Great that she made aliyah, though Smile

You owe her dinner. Just don't tell her why... Twisted Evil

Sweet Valley Gal

Post Sat, Jan 01 2011, 9:39 pm
Wow.

My boss always used to tell me when I messed something up because I assumed something: He used to say never assume anything because if you do, you make an *** out of U and ME (that spells out assume in case lol)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics