Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
TIME TO BUY A NEW WASHER/DRYER-ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?

tiredmommy

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 3:57 pm
My dryer is basically dead. My washer is equally ancient. I'm thinking I should replace both of them but I have no clue where to begin. We do at least two or three loads a day, so I would love one of those huge front loader washers-has anyone purchased a washer/dryer recently? Do you love it or hate it? Thanks!

momsprince

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 6:41 pm
If you have the space I would recomend a top loader that doesn't have the center piece. I saw one in the store with a glass cover and it has become my dream ever since.
The front loader can smell bad if it's not cared for properly.

momo4

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 6:46 pm
Front loader my next dream, it washes better than a top loader, I proved it

Utah

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 6:54 pm
We purchased a Frigidaire front loader two weeks ago. A guy came down to us and said we can either buy a Frigidaire or Bosch because our gas pipe is on the left side of our closet and these two washers have the gas connection on the left side. Turns out we really could've bought any washer and just extended a pipe from the right side of any machine to the gas pipe. I do like the machine a lot, however I really wanted a Whirlpool front loader.
We inquired a lot about washers/dryers. Whirlpool, Maytag and Frigidaire are all great machines. Front loaders are really hot now and they're fantastic.

SorGold

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 7:36 pm
I love my whirlpool duet front loader.Its huge. I have never had my clothes come out so clean and I love the steam option. One of my dh's friends even asked him if he got all new shirts (cuz they look so white)

amother

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 9:11 pm
I love my samsung frontloader. (It has a cycle if the door ges smelly, it happened once since we got it 6/7 months ago, and worked great). My mom invested in a good Whirlpool- not the one with steam but an expensive front loader, and is really unhappy, had to replace the drum (basically the whole inside), and told me that the reviews online are that lots of people are having bad experiences with them. I heard Samsung and LG are rating the best at this point, BUT, go ahead and do some reasearch there are rating websites devoted to this!

life'sgreat

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 10:23 pm
I have a kenmore front loader and love it!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 10:27 pm
I don't own a washer, but here are my thoughts.

For a short person, and for a pregnant person, front loaders are the ultimate. They also are helpful without an agitator -- you can put more and bigger items in there.

I have never seen a front loader that isn't HE, so you're limited on your detergents through that...

Front loaders can be low though, which is hard on pregnant women, unless you spend more and get a base. (Or have a smaller one on top of a dryer.)

LadyG

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 10:28 pm
I have the frontloader Whirlpool Duet washer (w/o steam) and dryer. I'm very happy with it. I have them stacked which is great use of the space! I never had any smell problems. It is recommended to leave the door of the washer open after a cycle to let it air-dry, or wipe it dry yourself to prevent mold. I usually do, but even if I didnt, I never had mold.
Good luck!

ilovestrollers

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 10:38 pm
Another vote for the whirlpool duet.

Miri1

Post Mon, Jan 03 2011, 10:57 pm
Whirlpool duet is super quiet as well. We're very happy with it.

runninglate

Post Wed, Jan 12 2011, 10:37 pm
are you still looking? I recently bought a bosch and absolutely love it. I throw in stained clothing without pretreating them and they come out perfectly clean.

Raisin

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 5:07 am
make sure you get a dryer that dries the clothes till they are dry, not timed.

my washing machine is a front loading lg, 11kg loads. (big) I just got a few months ago. I would not recommend it since mine always stops mid cycle if I don't put in enough clothes (and even when I do) and I have to restart it.

very annoying.

mom/2

Post Thu, Jan 13 2011, 7:24 am
Would definitely opt for a front loader. You have an option of raising them if it being low is a problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry