Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What knapsacks are "cool/in" for teen girls in Bro

amother

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 11:19 am
So DD wants me to start looking for a really cool bag bag for High School. She will be going to a school in Brooklyn. I dont know whats in style, whats cool or trendy- so can you please tell me what to look for and if you have any links, or site recommendations, that would be even better!

Thanks

Bliss

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 11:24 am
The Kiplings are both, in and cool.

Prez

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 11:50 am
kiplings are cool, I have also seen HS girls lately wear crossbody/ shoulder bags

amother

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 11:53 am
Prez wrote:
kiplings are cool, I have also seen HS girls lately wear crossbody/ shoulder bags

Which company- can you be more specific?

5S5Sr7z3

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 11:54 am
amother wrote:
Prez wrote:

Which company- can you be more specific?

The company is called Kipling. They are quite pricey as well.

Prez

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 11:55 am
I am not into it, so I do not know specific companies, I noticed LeSportsac, Longchamp, and some kipling, also other brand names. It can cost $ though

Fox

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 11:57 am
Oh, yes! Kiplings are all the rage.

My DDs scoured eBay and found them for slightly less ridiculous amounts, but just barely. I fulminated against the whole thing until my own dear mother reminded me of how I saved back in the 1970s for a pair of highly-coveted Bass shoes.

Simple1

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 12:00 pm
We're not in Brooklyn, but in Lakewood. In additon to Kipling, I think Le sports sac is also popular. My dd got a kipling look-alike. They don't use large bags that fit everything, rather small messenger bags to hold snacks and small items. They carry the looseleafs in their hands.

Prez

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 12:01 pm
http://www.lesportsac.com/stor......html

http://www.amazon.com/Kipling-.....CF1ME

http://www.amazon.com/Kipling-.....JK992

Kiplings are awesome quality, they last really long and are very durable.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 2:59 pm
I have to say while kiplings are expensive I have two of their bags, a duffel and a large tote that are at least 10 years old and are still going strong so if it wont break your bank account too much it can be worth it. LeSportSac is making such fun patterns now also.

Mommyme1

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 3:02 pm
Yeah - I think the Lesportsac has taken over Kipling in the 'with it' department.
And definitely a messenger bag... no knapsacks allowed!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 3:38 pm
Thank You all for your help- it appears to be that Lesport sac is the in thing. But can anyone recommend one that is large sized or that "the girls" love?

Also, Isnt it horrible on the back to be weighed over to one side with all those books?

Prez

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 4:55 pm
Since when are teenagers worried about practical things like that Smile A messenger bag might be better than a tote in that way, tell your daughter not to keep too much stuff inside that's not needed. I was always more comfortable with a backpack, wish I can wear one to work LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children