Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Loseit.com

wispalover

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 12:41 pm
For thoise counting calories and looking for a FREE tracking website, with a TERRIFIC interface, I cannot recommend loseit.com enough.

I was doing WW, but simply cant afford the 16.95 a month anymore, so have switched to loseit.com instead-- they literally count calories, but track and show u when they expect u to lose weight by. My friend lost 57lbs using it religiously...

3mitzvos

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 12:45 pm
Looks good for tracking calories and exercise. But I recommend Livestrong.com... Since I started using it, I've really become serious about getting healthy. Not only does it have calorie and exercise trackers, but also lots of articles, groups, forums, etc. I love it! (You probably know that already since I have it as my avatar LOL) But really, it's changed my life!

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 1:20 pm
another good one is sparkpeople.com
-calorie counting and food suggestions, end of day reports and charts
-exercise monitoring and suggestions, as well as how to videos on weight training
-articles, support groups, message boards, etc

skinny

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 1:59 pm
try myfitness pal!

viv

Post Tue, Jan 04 2011, 3:54 pm
marsjanco wrote:
For thoise counting calories and looking for a FREE tracking website, with a TERRIFIC interface, I cannot recommend loseit.com enough.

I was doing WW, but simply cant afford the 16.95 a month anymore, so have switched to loseit.com instead-- they literally count calories, but track and show u when they expect u to lose weight by. My friend lost 57lbs using it religiously...

I just logged on to Loseit and I can't thank you enough!!
I have used weight watchers in the past and this is way better and its FREE!

wispalover

Post Wed, Jan 05 2011, 8:57 am
Re: Spark people and Livestrong.com- I looked into both of them. Livestrong, even to put a goal in, charges you $45 for the year, and I just find the entire site too overwhelming- same with sparkpeople. I like loseit- no groups, no recipes. Simple tracking help.
Also, if you have friends doing it, you can 'friend' them (if you want to ensure your info is private though, make sure to edit your privacy settings before friending!) and they can send you recipes, food items, etc.

chaya35

Post Wed, Jan 05 2011, 9:10 am
can someone tell me how loseit.com. I login in but I'm having a hard time figuring out how it works especially how to enter the amount you ate.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Jan 05 2011, 9:12 am
I've used fitday.com, another great site for this sort of thing. It tracks exercise (calories burned) as well and has all kinds of neat charts and tracking graphs.

Oh, and it's free also.

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Wed, Jan 05 2011, 9:17 am
marsjanco wrote:
Re: Spark people and Livestrong.com- I looked into both of them. Livestrong, even to put a goal in, charges you $45 for the year, and I just find the entire site too overwhelming- same with sparkpeople. I like loseit- no groups, no recipes. Simple tracking help.
Also, if you have friends doing it, you can 'friend' them (if you want to ensure your info is private though, make sure to edit your privacy settings before friending!) and they can send you recipes, food items, etc.

just to clarify- sparkpeople is 100% free, and while it has a lot of features, you can pick and chose what you want to use

wispalover

Post Wed, Jan 05 2011, 9:21 am
Yea- sorry. Livestrong is the one that charges. I don't think ANY site is better than another- it just depends which you like best. Some may like the additional features offered by sparkpeople and livestrong; for me it was all too busy. I like clean, no additional info interfaces. Others may appreciate all the sparkpeople and livestrong offer. To each their own Smile

3mitzvos

Post Wed, Jan 05 2011, 9:22 am
marsjanco wrote:

The $45 charge is only if you want to be a "gold" member. Gold members get a few extra things, but they're really unnecessary. There's soooo much offered on the site for free! Most people on it have lost soooo much weight without being "gold."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise