Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Memo to all dieters

tsiggelle

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 11:52 am
just a quick note

are you ensuring that your goal weight is not lower than the healthy range for your height and build/

hatslacha to you

this is not meant to offend anyone who has to lose a lot to be in the healthy range, just to caution those who want picture book figures.

my apologies

Reality

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 8:40 pm
I agree. But do you think that your sweet little message will penetrate warped minds? I think not. It's sad. Very sad.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 9:42 pm
I have 90 to lose just to be in the very very top of what some deem acceptable in my weight range--more like 110 by most doctors' estimates.

So your post just makes me sad, because I dream of being underweight. It'll just never happen. I'm warped in the other way Sad

Mirabelle

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 9:45 pm
Yes I see a nutritionist monthly and am quite aware at what weight I need to be at to reach a healthy BMI...13 pounds left to go! Very Happy
(Being that I've lost 107 pounds, 13 doesnt feel like a lot!)

Bliss

Post Wed, Jan 19 2011, 9:49 pm
Mirabelle wrote:
Yes I see a nutritionist monthly and am quite aware at what weight I need to be at to reach a healthy BMI...13 pounds left to go! Very Happy
WOW!!

tsiggelle

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 6:51 am
Mirabelle wrote:

good for you, mirabelle

tsiggelle

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 6:53 am
amother wrote:
I have 90 to lose just to be in the very very top of what some deem acceptable in my weight range--more like 110 by most doctors' estimates.

So your post just makes me sad, because I dream of being underweight. It'll just never happen. I'm warped in the other way Sad

I am so sorry, I didnt want to hurt you.

thats why I edited my post to add the last two sentances.

I appologise to you

hatslacha.

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 7:21 am
Bliss wrote:
Mirabelle wrote:

WOW!!

Thanks!

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 7:23 am
tsiggelle wrote:
Mirabelle wrote:

good for you, mirabelle

Thanks, why are you assuming that most posters dont know what their healthy weight is?

Also, everyone has a different frame (we have discussed this before). For some people 140 looks horrible and for some 140 looks lean.

tsiggelle

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 4:56 pm
Mirabelle wrote:
tsiggelle wrote:
Mirabelle wrote:

good for you, mirabelle

Thanks, why are you assuming that most posters dont know what their healthy weight is?

Also, everyone has a different frame (we have discussed this before). For some people 140 looks horrible and for some 140 looks lean.

my original post was inspired by what I saw/heard

I wasnt talking to 'most'posters here, just to those whom it may concern, which may be a tiny little fraction.

have I misunderstood you?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 4:59 pm
I read a lot of magazines, and I see that most people weigh a lot more than I do, even at my height, but look better. It's the way their body are proportioned, obviously - they're not flat chested like me, and they're not built petite as I am. Or whatever.

And sure, a lot of ppl want to weigh less but of course there is the other end of the spectrum. People have weight problem, too; RL.

And the scale is only one indication of health. It's not the entire picture.

tsiggelle

Post Thu, Jan 20 2011, 5:05 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I read a lot of magazines, and I see that most people weigh a lot more than I do, even at my height, but look better. It's the way their body are proportioned, obviously - they're not flat chested like me, and they're not built petite as I am. Or whatever.

And sure, a lot of ppl want to weigh less but of course there is the other end of the spectrum. People have weight problem, too; RL.

And the scale is only one indication of health. It's not the entire picture.

I dont think we are disagreeing, are we?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise