Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you wash newborn's clothes separately?
1  2  Next

happy chick

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 3:45 pm
regular detergent or baby stuff like dreft? till what age?

mama-star

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 3:52 pm
I personally do not. I use a dye-and-fragrance-free laundry detergent for everybody's clothes so I just throw the baby clothes right in with everybody else's.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 3:55 pm
I did. there's and mine. Until they started to crawl.

losingweight

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 3:56 pm
I wash them with the whites to come out cleaner.

lollygirl

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 4:01 pm
Yes, until age one I use Dreft (and wash separately) and after that, dye and fragrance free detergent and softener sheets.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 4:04 pm
Yes. I used dreft until he was a few months old.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 5:13 pm
nope, everything together.

what is deft?

lollygirl

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 5:20 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
nope, everything together.

what is deft?

Dreft is mild laundry detergent for babies.

SingALong

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 5:52 pm
I do it separate with Dreft. I actually keep a small hamper in the baby's room for his/her laundry so I don't need to separate it form everyone else's all the time.

till about a year I guess

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 5:56 pm
mama-star wrote:
I personally do not. I use a dye-and-fragrance-free laundry detergent for everybody's clothes so I just throw the baby clothes right in with everybody else's.

This is what I do.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 5:58 pm
Mommy3.5 wrote:
mama-star wrote:

This is what I do.

Same here.

Isher

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 7:34 pm
Currently I'm washing my baby's stuff separately in Dreft. By my other babies I washed separately with regular detergent and re-rinsed it in plain water.

MrsMortgage

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 7:37 pm
I do dreft until 6 months then regular fragrance & dye free just like everyone elses. But I still was separately just because I find tiny baby & toddler clothes disappear in the wash with big adult clothes!

Basimcha

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 7:52 pm
SingALong wrote:
I do it separate with Dreft. I actually keep a small hamper in the baby's room for his/her laundry so I don't need to separate it form everyone else's all the time.

till about a year I guess

That's exactly how I do it. Very Happy

WriterMom

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 7:56 pm
I did, for the first two. Then when the new babies were born, it seemed kind of silly to have three separate batches of laundry (adults, toddlers, babies) and I just ended up doing them all together.

I started because I wanted to double rinse to make sure there was no soap residue on the infant clothes. At the moment I use fragrance free, static-guard free detergent, so it's partly that I don't' see the need as much, and partly that there just isn't time. What

Rodent

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 8:28 pm
AlwaysGrateful wrote:
Mommy3.5 wrote:
mama-star wrote:

This is what I do.

Same here.

Ditto

Marion

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 9:45 pm
The only thing that gets its own wash is diapers. Tzitzit go in with the whites. Baby clothes go in with the correct colour load. Who has time to do it separately, and why would I spend money on special baby detergent?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jan 23 2011, 10:35 pm
Marion wrote:
The only thing that gets its own wash is diapers. Tzitzit go in with the whites. Baby clothes go in with the correct colour load. Who has time to do it separately, and why would I spend money on special baby detergent?
My thoughts exactly.

sarahd

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 2:08 am
Not just that, if I separated the baby's clothes it would probably take a month till I had enough stuff to make a load.

sendamommy

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 5:34 am
My son was allergic to something in the regular detergent and had a rash unless I used the baby detergent. He even got a rash on his face from my sheets. He outgrew it after a few months and then I started putting his things in the regular detergent. For me it was worth the extra time and money so he woudn't get a rash.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry