Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Do you wash newborn's clothes separately?
Previous  1  2

lollygirl

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 9:25 am
sarahd wrote:
Not just that, if I separated the baby's clothes it would probably take a month till I had enough stuff to make a load.

A MONTH?? I wash just the baby's stuff 2x/week - each is a full load!

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 9:44 am
I usually do each child's laundry separately, so I did for my baby too. (Baby detergent for the first 2-4 months.)

Brown

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 3:36 pm
Regular detergent seperate wash. Everyone elses laundry seems so much dirtier than the baby.

frimamom

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 3:39 pm
I wash baby laundry once every two days. I make a mini load. I found that if it sits for a week, then the stains dont come out well

rovacat

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 3:43 pm
wow- I can't imagine being organized enough to do that. who has the time?

momatwork

Post Mon, Jan 24 2011, 3:47 pm
whats the big deal to just throw a load of laundry into the washing machine. you dont have to scrub it at the river..... lol

bh

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 3:04 am
I keep a separate hamper for baby's clothes. Wash with dreft for a few months. ( Till bottle uses up Smile)

lizard8

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 4:27 am
I hate what the water here does to the clothes, so I wash everything very carefully. I first pretreat the spit up and poop stains and let it sit a bit. Then I turn everything inside out so it wont get pilly. For detergent, I put baby stuff, vinegar (so it breaks the water), and some whitener. The load is then put on a delicate cycle.

I hang everything to dry, and the velours I put in the dryer for a few minutes to 'fluff up'

It takes a bit longer this way, but I have nice clothing for dd, and would like it to last for my next kid im'h.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 4:54 am
lizard8 wrote:
I hate what the water here does to the clothes, so I wash everything very carefully. I first pretreat the spit up and poop stains and let it sit a bit. Then I turn everything inside out so it wont get pilly. For detergent, I put baby stuff, vinegar (so it breaks the water), and some whitener. The load is then put on a delicate cycle.

I hang everything to dry, and the velours I put in the dryer for a few minutes to 'fluff up'

It takes a bit longer this way, but I have nice clothing for dd, and would like it to last for my next kid im'h.
Where is here?

ewa-jo

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 5:04 am
Nope. Baby clothes get washed with toddler clothes... I have about an equal number of outfits for both of them, so I run out of clothes for both at approx. the same time. Same detergent, same softener.

sarahd

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 5:07 am
lollygirl wrote:
sarahd wrote:
Not just that, if I separated the baby's clothes it would probably take a month till I had enough stuff to make a load.

A MONTH?? I wash just the baby's stuff 2x/week - each is a full load!

I guess I have a bigger load capacity on my machine (6 kilo maximum; even a mini-load is 3 kg., which is more than my babies' weekly laundry - especially separated into darks/lights/whites.) Also, a month is probably an exaggeration. It would take only 2-3 weeks. Baby clothes are really small and don't take up much room.

Sherri

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 5:47 am
lizard8 wrote:

When you hang the baby stuff to dry, is it soft for baby to wear?

Marion

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 6:19 am
Sherri wrote:
lizard8 wrote:

When you hang the baby stuff to dry, is it soft for baby to wear?

Works well enough for me.

imabima

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 6:33 am
Only for my first. Now everything gets thrown together. Haven't noticed a difference...
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry