Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Who to give to?
Previous  1  2

yo'ma

Post Sun, Feb 06 2011, 9:24 am
chocolate moose wrote:
Why don't you give to people that you don't like, and mess with their heads ?

On the contrary, isn't that what we learn from Yaakov? Yaakov gave Eisav presents because maybe he might start to like him or whatever it was exactly. I'm sure you know and somebody else can explain it better.

hannah95

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 4:56 am
In Laws
Parents
Close Friends
2 rabbonim
Mikva lady
Neighbours x 3

Around 15 this year I guess.

torahtots

Post Thu, Feb 10 2011, 6:49 pm
I keep a list from year to year. Unfortunately I can never find it when it comes time! I should put it on the computer. I was keeping it in my recipe box with the hamentashen recipe but it's not there. I happened to come across it when I was cleaning last week!

This might seem petty, but I keep a list of who actually gave us, who gave us only b/c we gave them, and who we gave and they didn't give us. We used to give to SO many people but it's depressing when you give out 30 and you only get 6 so I'm trying to figure out how to cut it down a little more every year. Fortunately or unfortunately, I made some new friends this year so I don't know what we're going to do about that. Smile Also got new jobs but I work from home so although I'm sure my bosses would appreciate it, nobody expects it.

I ordered a dozen containers from Oriental Trading so I'm going to try have keep it to 12 or less. Can't remember how many we did last year but the year before it was 25 or 30.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics