Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Healthy snack ideas for a nursing mom with a sensitive baby

amother

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 12:41 pm
I am 3.5 weeks post partum and trying to get back into healthy eating so I can take off the rest of my baby weight, I am looking for snacks to eat in between meals as I find myself very hungry. I am nursing and my baby has a very sensitive stomach and so I have cut out peppers, tomatoes, dairy and other other gassy foods like broc, cabbage and cauliflower. I am looking for ideas of what to snack on... thanks in advance!

thinking mom

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 1:49 pm
Dried fruit (as long as you get the sugar free versions) can be healthy, filling, and satisfy your sweet tooth. If you want something more substantial, how about bran crackers with Bulgarian cheese or chumas or a bit of peanut butter. Not low cal but healthy and filling.

shevi82

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 3:45 pm
Almonds, dates, cashews, raisins, Apples, pears.
You could bake healthy cookies with whole wheat flour and applesauce (no sugar) and keep them in the freezer.
I also kept this diet with my last baby and it really helped him (and me) and even though I was eating nuts and fruit I still lost weight.

newlywed31

Post Wed, Jan 26 2011, 4:17 pm
shevi82 wrote:
Almonds, dates, cashews, raisins, Apples, pears.
You could bake healthy cookies with whole wheat flour and applesauce (no sugar) and keep them in the freezer.
I also kept this diet with my last baby and it really helped him (and me) and even though I was eating nuts and fruit I still lost weight.

thanks so much. any chance you have a good recipe for healthy cookies? thanks!!

sima

Post Fri, Feb 04 2011, 10:39 am
when I was nursing DS2 I would also get very hungry. I loved all types of nuts, chocolate milk. I agree dried fruits. mini muffins, fruit cookies like fig or strawberry newtons
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise