Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Schools for little boys in Ramat Bet Shemesh/Bet Shemesh

FirstTimeMommy

Post Thu, Jan 27 2011, 10:22 pm
I've heard a lot about Rappaport and it seems like a good fit for us but the information I see online about it says that it starts with grade 1. Where do boys who are 5 ( would be going into kindergarden/pre-1A in the U.S) go to school in the Ramat Bet Shemesh area? Also - do three year olds go to gan or is there a preschool type program? Please fill me in!
TIA

Mom23LE

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 4:20 am
Try the local listserv at list@shemesh.co.il .
Alternatively, call Rappaport and ask them which gan they're associated with so that he can start next year with most of the friends that he'll be continuing with in first grade.

fiddle

Post Wed, Feb 23 2011, 5:37 am
kids generally go to regular ganim until they are 5, and then will go on to school if the school doesnt have a program for younger children. I think rappaport has a gan chova, which is 4-5. the years before you can find a gan closeby, or similar to the type of kids you plan on sending your child to school. my daughter is going to be four in march, and she was in trom trom this year which is mixed with trom chova in RBS, so she needs to repeat the same program because the school I plan on sending her to does not have a trom chova for girls, likewise with rappaport. I send her to an iriya program which is the same atmosphere as the school I plan on sending her to is.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 10:21 am
Rappaport (Ahavat Yisrael) has two boys' ganei chova for boys associated with it. The vast majority of these boys go on to AY Kitta Aleph.
There is one on Lachish in RBS (this gan is called Gan Chartzit) and one in Beit Shemesh - I forgot what street.
(I just went to visit last week. Thinking of it for my 4 year old.)
Most of the boys go to private or irya ganim at ages 3 and 4.

FirstTimeMommy

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 1:40 pm
Wow! that was an old post, almost 3 years ago. When we moved here we decided to not send our boys to ahavat Yisrael. It is pretty amazing how much you learn AFTER you make aliyah.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 26 2013, 5:15 pm
LOL. What school did you pick?

FirstTimeMommy

Post Sun, Dec 29 2013, 3:24 pm
Toras Moshe- and I am VERY happy with it Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions