Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
On short Fridays, WHEN do you wash your kitchen floor ?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 4:29 pm
DH does it late Friday in the longer days, but this time of year I'm on my own, and today I got home an hour and a half before Shabbos, and still had to do all the cooking.

Anyone ?

cookielady

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 4:34 pm
The house gets cleaned on thurday, so I'm careful not to mess up the kitchen while cooking.

obagys

Post Fri, Jan 28 2011, 5:01 pm
whenever I find the time - morning or afternoon. With 5 small kids it doesn't look like I washed the floor for more than 5 minutes anyway, so it really doesn't matter. By the end of the Friday night seudah, you'd think I hadn't washed my floor in weeks Confused

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jan 29 2011, 1:38 pm
some fridays, when I work and my husband has to run around doing many many errands, and shabbat is early, we dont get a chance at all to clean the floor. life happens. we get over it and move on and then we clean it the first chance we get after shabbat. its not the end of the world, really. to us its much more important going in to shabbat with a feeling of being relaxed and refreshed not hair raised craziness Smile

HindaRochel

Post Sat, Jan 29 2011, 2:44 pm
Wednesday or Thursday, and cooking Thursday or Friday.

freidasima

Post Sat, Jan 29 2011, 2:56 pm
A quick wipe with the rag three minutes before shabbos when everything is already on the blech. Who has time for more?

shev

Post Sat, Jan 29 2011, 3:41 pm
I do it thursday night, sometimes the time Shabbos comes in it needs another wipe, but
the fridays are way too short for it to be done on Friday.

MrsMortgage

Post Sat, Jan 29 2011, 7:34 pm
freidasima wrote:
A quick wipe with the rag three minutes before shabbos when everything is already on the blech. Who has time for more?
Ditto. House is cleaned before I cook. Then I spend 10 minutes wiping down counters, sink, and stove top, sweeping, and running a wet rag over the floor so it gives the appearance of having been washed.

Last edited by MrsMortgage on Sat, Jan 29 2011, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

imabima

Post Sat, Jan 29 2011, 7:53 pm
This week, it didn't get done. We were sticking to it all Shabbos. B"H our guests didn't end up coming! When I rely on my husband, it usually doesn't get done, so I try and do it in the morning. It's quite a balagan with my children running around and sometimes slipping on the wet floor!

happy mom1

Post Sat, Jan 29 2011, 8:29 pm
I wash it thursday night, and just sweep it friday ( then I shut my eyes real tight and try not to look at it so I wont see that it looks like it was never washed before shabbos even starts...) embarrassed

granolamom

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 12:08 am
I've been doing the chatzos thing lately so I have time to mop the kitchen floor after the kids eat lunch on friday. and then all I have left to do is set up the blech and get everyone showered.
but before I started getting ready early, I'd wash the floor thurs night and maybe again after I'd finish cooking on fri if there was time. and if not, not.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 12:23 am
Maybe you should try cooking a bit more Thursdsay night so that you can still have time to wash it before the Zman.

Ronit

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 12:50 am
I clean on thursday night & cook on friday. Works fine for me.

I like the food fresh & don't make a mess when I cook.

I peel over a bag that goes straight into the garbage. I measure & mix everyting over or in the sink.

Sometimes I vacuum when I'm done or a quick sweep, but there's never a need to mop.

I have a steam mop, so even if I felt the need to mop it would take really quick but I don't because it's clean.

Marigold

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 1:44 am
I cook everything on thursday and spend friday cleaning the house. If I wouldn't have small kids underfoot I would probably reverse the schedule, but that seems years away thus far.

Pandabeer

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 3:03 am
first I wash it Thursday morning. At least it get's washed
If I have the time I'll rewash it on Friday

Inspired

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 5:32 am
One of the last things friday, otherwise its not clean. Even if it was done on thursday.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry