Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Which laptop should I buy?

SleepingBeauty

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 5:42 am
I am looking to buy a new laptop.

I need something basic but good. Price doesn't make a very big difference, although obviously the cheaper the better!

What do you computer mavens suggest?

Kayza

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 3:21 pm
What do you plan to do with it? Where are you going to use it? Do you wear fairly strong glasses? Are you going to use it for long stretches? Near power?

morah

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 3:34 pm
What will you be doing with it- emailing and word processing or more complicated functions? Will you need to schlep it around a lot or will it mostly be at home or the office? What features are a must and what features are just nice to have?

Grandmama

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 6:22 pm
I would like to buy a laptop in the $500. range. What is the best and where do I get the most for my money? I do not want anything refurbished, and it needs to have a dvd drive. Otherwise, with which brand and which store will I get the most for my money? Any help appreciated.

reyzele

Post Tue, Jun 14 2011, 3:56 pm
Dell Financial Services ( www.dfsdirectsales.com ) offer refurbished Dell laptops. Those are off-lease business class Latitudes and the prices are really attractive. You're getting something which was built for corporate users, very reliable and sturdy. Some of them still have one year warranty from Dell, and all have 100 days warranty.

Grandmama

Post Wed, Jun 15 2011, 12:45 am
reyzele wrote:
Dell Financial Services ( www.dfsdirectsales.com ) offer refurbished Dell laptops. Those are off-lease business class Latitudes and the prices are really attractive. You're getting something which was built for corporate users, very reliable and sturdy. Some of them still have one year warranty from Dell, and all have 100 days warranty.

Thanks for the link, I will look into it. I really did not want one that is refurbished, but for the price they are offering, it sounds great.

Soul on fire

Post Wed, Jun 15 2011, 1:30 pm
We love Mac here but they are more expensive than a windows laptop.

suzyq

Post Wed, Jun 15 2011, 1:42 pm
We got my DH a very simple Toshiba for about $400. He uses Microsoft Office and the Internet, and it does have a DVD drive, but not many other features. However, for the price, it's great. I'm a big fan of Toshiba's - have had several and never had any problems.

I think this is specifically the one we got - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/To.....46161
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics