Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Keeping herself back

bnm

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 12:06 pm
I attempted to train my 2 year old and was surprised it worked. she was home from the babysitter a bunch because of the snow/being sick etc so I gave it a try.

I"m having one slight issue-when I take her out in public, even if I take along the potty insert which she uses happily at her grandparents, she refuses to use the bathroom. I don't know what to do, Friday we had an appointment that shlepeed for over 3 hours and she refused to go there, she came home dry. last night same story-took her shoppng, put her on a pullup and told her she can go since she wears them for naps/night and it was past her bedtime, she refused to do anything in it and held herself back the 2-3 hours, I thought it was cute to see her makng a beeline for the potty as soon as we stepped in but my husband pointed out its probably not healthy.

is there anyway I can make her fell comfortable in a public bathroom or do we just wait this thing out till she is a bit older? I might just start shlepping along the full potty if I know I'm being out for a few hours.

also, how many panties does she need if I do laundry once a week?

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Jan 30 2011, 1:43 pm
my kid did the same. I would take him to camp at 9:30, and he wouldnt go the whole day until 2:30 when he came home. My ped said it was ok but watchout for fever which could mean a uti. Eventually he grew out of it; though I will say its very helpful that he has the capability to hold it until we find a bathroom when we're out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training