Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Cleaning dryer vent

amother

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 7:19 pm
Is there such a thing of a guy that cleans dryer vents.
mine seem to b full of lint all the way inside
and if yes, anyone specific in the brooklyn area

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 7:25 pm
yes, there are such people. you can call the dryer company and ask for a recommendation in your area. you should do this every once in a while anyway.

on a side note, I was wondering whether you needed to clean the vent or you were venting about cleaning the dryer... imamother has trained me, obviously Smile

amother

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 8:16 pm
hey, I clean the dryer lint part after every load, but I think I need to clean it all the way inside, just not sure if I can do it its pretty deep and if there is such proffessionals that do it

momomany

Post Mon, Jan 31 2011, 8:31 pm
if you or dh is handy & the dryer vent (till outside) is not particularly long, then you can disconnect the hose & the clean first the hose & then the wall vent (to the outside) by blowing through it with a leaf blower. (the kids will love to stand outside & watch the junk pour out of the vent)
otherwise, sorry, I don't know who does this - maybe a washer/dryer repairman can help

amother

Post Sat, Feb 05 2011, 10:06 pm
ok so we got a proffessional dryer cleaner.....the vent goes all the way up to the roof,
the guy told us it needs to b done at least every 3 to 4 years, our dryer was so bad, the lint was all burnt inside and couldve eventualy catch fire. and its not soemthing that can be done by urself, u need the right machinery

the guy did an amazing job
I will post the # later for anyone that needs it

MrsMortgage

Post Sat, Feb 05 2011, 10:35 pm
Dryer vents need to be cleaned once or twice a year depending how much laundry you do. Leaving them full of lint is very dangerous it is a fire hazard and a carbon monoxide hazard
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry