Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
13.5 yo dd involved with boy
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 3:40 pm
Once a girl has been physically touched by a boy, it has a tremendous impact on her. For that she should have someone to talk to about those feeling and where they can lead to, maybe they can scare her a bit too.She needs help in how to manage not continuing it. That your husband can't give her. Your husband can and should make time for one on one attention to her and you too. He sounds like he's really streched for time but this is pekuach nefesh and involves your whole family. The time he gives her to talk, walk or whatever is an investment in your whole families ruchnious. Speak to any Rov or Rebbitzen and see what is priority PLEASE. ( I imagine you could make anon. calls to someone you look up to) Or speak to those who are dedicated to helping those in your shoes. I wish you Berocho and Mazel, we live in in such scary times, may you be benched. Tehillim is a great help.

ally

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 3:58 pm
I second Isramom's idea of a female mentor in the upper teens, although I would suggest finding someone local. At that age, many girls are susceptible to idolizing older girls and can be heavily influenced by them. Maybe find a girl who can have a shiur, doesn't matter on what, once a week with your dd just to open up the relationship.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children