Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Ella bat Natalia -- 28-year-old Cystic Fibrosis patient
1  2  Next

sequoia

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 3:47 am
Her lungs have failed.

Her husband writes: 'Transplant from live donors has been ruled out, as it was decided that lobes would not suffice for her at this point, she is too weak; she needs whole lungs.'

She is a grad student at Ben Gurion University. She was working on her thesis and teaching undergrad classes.

She loves to travel.

She loves scary movies and reading Stephen King.

She's smart and gorgeous and has great style.

There is about a week... a month at most... that she can be on the ecmo machine.

They did a piece about her on channel 2: http://www.mako.co.il/news-cha.....4.htm

Please daven that they should find a donor soon.

cookielady

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 7:51 am
May your friend have a refuah shlaima. A patient can receive a transplant even while on a vent, even an ecmo. I'll daven for your friend, as I hope will many amothers.
Miracles happen, I hope you will see revealed miracles for your friend right now.

Please keep us updated.

sequoia

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 2:46 pm
Thanks, cookielady.

Her husband writes: 'The situation was bad in the morning, somewhat more stable by the evening. But it is not the same sort of stability that we had last week. The doctors have to react in real time, and make adjustments in medications and procedures all the time, in order to keep her in shape to have a chance to survive a transplant. At least the bleeding in her lungs stopped, so they can restart the anticoagulants.'

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 3:31 pm
wow, to daven that she has a transplant, I have to pray that someone else dies...so however it happens, let her have a refuah shlemah soon and that this message is heard by whoever needs to hear it to make it happen.

my heart goes out to her family and friends. may there be only good news from here on in.

sequoia

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 3:45 pm
No, you don't have to pray that someone dies! You should pray that the person who is going to die has agreed to donate their organs!

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 3:55 pm
Thanks for clarifying...I could not figre out how to put it into an appropriate thought...

I really pray your friend has a refuah shlemeah, soon.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 4:39 pm
chanamiriam wrote:
wow, to daven that she has a transplant, I have to pray that someone else dies...so however it happens, let her have a refuah shlemah soon and that this message is heard by whoever needs to hear it to make it happen.

my heart goes out to her family and friends. may there be only good news from here on in.

I don't want to get off on a tangent, Sequoia said it well, but this is misplaced (though understandable) guilt. There's been a lot of discussion on this lately. It is perfectly legitimate to hope that she gets the yeshua she needs, without framing it that way.

Yocheved84

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 11:05 pm
Oy, Sequoia, so sorry for what your friend is going through.

marina

Post Mon, Feb 07 2011, 11:24 pm
Thanks for posting this.

cookielady

Post Sat, Feb 12 2011, 8:53 pm
Sequoia, do you have any update on your friend?

sequoia

Post Sat, Feb 12 2011, 8:58 pm
Her husband is posting daily updates to facebook, but no change so far. Still waiting.

If there were a significant update I would post it here.

life'sgreat

Post Sat, Feb 12 2011, 11:39 pm
May G-d be with her and I hope they find the right donor as soon as possible.

sequoia

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 9:32 pm
Her husband writes: "Situation still stable. The doctors saw her and are still willing to operate. But her (already low) chances for surviving transplant go down rapidly each day. From all the blood transfusions, she's developing more and more antibodies, which makes the chance of rejection higher.
If anyone of type O wants to give at Beilinson, you can set up an appointment with the blood bank: 03-937-6052."

life'sgreat

Post Thu, Feb 17 2011, 12:44 am
sequoia wrote:
Her husband writes: "Situation still stable. The doctors saw her and are still willing to operate. But her (already low) chances for surviving transplant go down rapidly each day. From all the blood transfusions, she's developing more and more antibodies, which makes the chance of rejection higher.
If anyone of type O wants to give at Beilinson, you can set up an appointment with the blood bank: 03-937-6052."

Sad Bring us good news!

marina

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 2:00 pm
Quote:
Update by John. We've reached the end-game. The blood pressure is too low (80/40) and they can't get it up. The liquids are escaping from her veins too much and she can't pass urine. It could take a few hours, maybe a day or two, but this is it.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 2:30 pm
For the living, in Israel: such a situation is one reason to seriously consider taking out private health insurance, which covers transplants in chu"l. It's literally one of the first things DH took care of when we got back to Israel.
I hope Ella has a miracle.

life'sgreat

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 9:48 pm
Crying

sequoia

Post Mon, Feb 21 2011, 9:43 am
Her husband writes: "At 7 AM local time, she's still holding at roughly the same blood pressures (70/40, 80/40 or so), but the saturation are down to 80-ish. We're still waiting for the inevitable."

People are writing things on her facebook wall.

sequoia

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 9:53 am
Ella is no longer with us.

Please say tehillim lilui nishmas Ella bat Natalia and consider donating to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. http://www.cff.org/

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Feb 25 2011, 9:59 am
Boruch Dayan Ha'emes Sad
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed