Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Has Anyone Ordered from CocoMyles.com?

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 10:18 am
If you have ordered from cocomyles.com, please let me know how it went. I see a few styles that would work for me for Dear Duckling's wedding and I need to make a decision ASAP.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 2:20 pm
I never ordered from them but my friend ordered a dress from them and she was very happy!

Last edited by amother on Sun, Jul 05 2015, 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

ClaRivka

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 2:27 pm
yea, I was happy with it cept it was a bit small. I ended up getting something made cuz I was gunna match all the little girls.

rachelbg

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 5:49 pm
I ordered a dress from them and I was very happy. It worked great. I could recommend ordering a bit larger than you need, and you can tailor it how you like. Also, just as a heads up, my dress had a sash with it, and there are no sash loops on the dress itself, so you may have to get that done. Mazel tov, and hatzlacha raba!

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 6:14 pm
A friend of mine used it, and was happy. She did need to tailor it, though, so leave time (and material) for that. Still came out a LOT cheaper than a typical dress - made or bought.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 7:53 pm
Thanks for your replies.
I measured carefully and ordered this dress: Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Orchid

Post Mon, Mar 28 2011, 6:52 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Thanks for your replies.
I measured carefully and ordered this dress: Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So, nu, how did it come out? Inquiring minds want to know!

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 8:20 pm
Thanks for reminding me, sorry I missed your query until you sent me a PM.

After "Mazel tov, we're so happy for you!" what I heard most from people at the chassunah was "You look gorgeous! Where did you find that dress!?"

The dress was just what I wanted, I looked great, it fit, the color was vibrant, and everybody's happy!

Be sure to measure carefully -- measurements were exactly as they said. With help from a local frum undergarments store (thank you to The Lingerie Store here in Baltimore, they helped reshape me a bit!) I was able to wear to the dress with no alterations! I ordered the dress with a sash and my new DIL pinned the sash so that it draped properly.

Cocomyles also sent me fabric samples which were very helpful in selecting a matching hat. Iy"H I will post a picture -- but I don't have any yet!

Orchid

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 8:42 pm
Thanks for the PM! Replying back on the thread for the benefit of all imamothers. Can I ask you a bunch of annoying questions? Like, what fabric did you pick and what made you pick that particular fabric? Were the swatches substantial enough to help you make the right decision? Were the online colors a good match to the colors in real life? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 9:16 pm
Can I ask you a bunch of annoying questions? Like, what fabric did you pick and what made you pick that particular fabric?
Violet satin. The kallah wanted purple. I liked the hand feel of the satin better than the the charmeuse or georgette, and the color was brighter.

Were the swatches substantial enough to help you make the right decision?
Yes. I have a good sense of color and how things will look (I do kitchen design and computer graphics professionally) and I also have a good feel for what will look good on me.

Were the online colors a good match to the colors in real life?
Yes, pretty good but... it is impossible to match colors on a screen to colors on real life, and computer monitors don't all show color the same. When I ordered online, I also called and asked them to send a swatch of every purple they had. They told me I could still change the fabric and/or color if I wanted to within a week of placing the order.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're very welcome!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics