Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Qestions about zumba

amother

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 6:03 pm
what do you wear while doing it? cause on you tube I saw many ppl wear no sleeve tops, do the jewis women also wear that?

How do you catch on to the dances, cause if I join a group I wont know any of the steps, so how does that work?

Do you really do bellydancing and smacking your butt??

Reality

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 7:27 pm
amother wrote:
what do you wear while doing it? cause on you tube I saw many ppl wear no sleeve tops, do the jewis women also wear that?

How do you catch on to the dances, cause if I join a group I wont know any of the steps, so how does that work?

Do you really do bellydancing and smacking your butt??

Some where sleeveless Zumba tops many don't. You wear what you feel comfortable in. Many teachers give out skirts with coins that jangle when you wiggle to wear. It makes it more fun!

You catch on to the dances just by practise. The more you come the more you will remember the steps. Each song has it's own dance so after a while you catch on.

Every teacher has their own style so they add in their own moves that aren't just Zumba moves. But there should be plenty of hips wiggling etc..

Hope I was helpful!! Hope you enjoy your first class!!

MrsMortgage

Post Tue, Feb 08 2011, 7:39 pm
Hip wiggling is great exercise and can help melt away your love handles and tush!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 11:11 am
I have done both bellydancing and Zumba. There was no butt smacking in any of the classes I attended.

Usually I DO wear a sleeveless top or just a sports bra because I get so overheated when I exercise, but if the exercise isn't that vigorous, I get cold, so for bellydancing I wear a tee shirt and don't stand under the fans.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Feb 09 2011, 11:14 am
Wear what you feel comfortable in. Like another poster said, you learn the moves by taking the class several times and getting practice. I'm a horrible dancer and still can't do several of the moves, so I modify it and do what I can. . . as long as you're moving, you're doing fine!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise