Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I wanna be skinny

amother

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 7:33 pm
How do you skinny people do it?

This is the story of my life.
me : I'm starting my diet tomorrow
dh: why not today
me: I first have to eat all the nosh and stuff because tomorrow I won't be able to have it

day one: Full of hope, calculated how much I'm going to have lost by pesach, thinking of all the skinny clothes I'm gonna wear soon.
4 ocklock me thinking it won't hurt if I eat a little of this , ok and a little of that ok I already broke my diet so I'll just eat all the good stuff

Help I want to be skinny, I really do , it's just that at the diet breaking moment it doesn't seem worth it.
So how do people have self controll? I want to be skinny like you. What are your tips?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 7:45 pm
haha it sounds like me

I started this diet today, im not sure where you are located but she is in nj, 5 minutes from lakeowod

dremmasweightloss.com

call and speak to the dr directly, she is realy nice

it works, it works

ichbinayenta

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 8:15 pm
I started a diet 3 weeks ago already lost 10 pnds its called friends of health\meisels

MrsDash

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 8:28 pm
You sound so much like me, it's almost scary LOL

ora_43

Post Mon, Feb 14 2011, 11:38 pm
Are you trying to be thinner-than-your-normal-weight skinny or normal-skinny? It makes a difference in terms of how you'd have to diet.

I think step one is figuring out when and why you have trouble controlling your eating. For example, some people skip meals, then get ravenously hungry and eat too much. Others are able to control their eating until 8pm, but then consume 400 calories worth of snacks at night. Others eat too much when they're stressed, or tired. Etc.

Only when you know why you're eating more than you want to, can you know how to get yourself to stop.

One thing that helped me deal with simple nosh cravings when I was dieting - I chose a snack that I would have at night (eg, I would decide at 10am that at 10pm I'm going to have a certain amount of corn chips and chocolate milk). Then during the day, if I wanted to eat chips or cookies or some other unhealthy thing, I would remember "yes I'm going to eat it, but not now." Then at 10pm I really would eat the snack, but it would be the only unhealthy thing I ate that day, so in the end it worked out to less unhealthy food.

I found that much easier than telling myself I'm just not going to eat unhealthy food at all.

zissy2004

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 3:38 am
This poster must be me LOL!
I see already that none of the diets work, I mean they work if you stick to them! (which I cant)
So I have now decided to focus only on the mind (bc this is where it all begins) and Im gonna start now with a program from Anthony Robbins (ha, can u see Im addicted to him?) called the path to permanent weight loss, its an audio program with an ebook which I found online.
Since I watched a few of this man's videos, im so busy improving myself that I find I automatically eat less..
(He has a way of making you want to change...

And I believe that most of us who identify with the OP, have some reason why we turn to food and cant seem to stick or start a diet.
Anyone who wants more info can always PM me :-)

Good luck to all of us!

rosehill

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 4:49 am
DIETS DON'T WORK.

Join us on our "emotional eating-support group" thread.
You'll learn how to break free from emotional eating, recognise when you're hungry and when you're full, and make peace with food and with your body.

Jelly beans will no longer be your enemy!!

momomany

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 6:06 am
rosehill wrote:
DIETS DON'T WORK.
Join us on our "emotional eating-support group" thread.
You'll learn how to break free from emotional eating, recognise when you're hungry and when you're full, and make peace with food and with your body.

Jelly beans will no longer be your enemy!!

diets have worked for me many times! maybe diets have not worked for YOU, but that info is not true for everyone! oa worked for me (5.5 yrs, 90 lbs b"h), but I am aware it is not for everyone!

to the op - if you wanna be skinny, you need to want it more than anyhting. more than food even. then find a diet, or book, or support group or whatever works for you & focus like a laser beam on your goal.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 12:24 pm
Being skinny is a terrible goal. You want to be healthy and strong, not underweight.

Reality

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 12:30 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Being skinny is a terrible goal. You want to be healthy and strong, not underweight.
Applause

yummydd

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 12:34 pm
Welcome to the wannabe club!

(although b"h I am dieting and really keeping to it for quite a while, when you get the willpower you REALLY see results)

Ruchel

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 12:39 pm
Yes diets work, unless you have extreme hormonal problems that would require a 600 cal. diet, and even this can be done if the doctor allows...

For me, what works is what shows it works. If I lose a kilo a month, forget it. It's not worth the hassle for me. If lose 15 kilos in 3 months, as I did when I committed to low carb (fake carbs, as in low carb pasta etc) low cal, then YES I stay motivated enough to keep on track. And I eat a milk shake and a chocolate bar in the morning, pasta with tomato sauce at lunch, cookies for snack and pancakes with veggies and a chocolate bar for dinner, for example, all under 800 calories because it's low carb and fake sugar food.

It's not high cuisine but it's fine, sometimes really good. Much better than a slice of bread with a tiny portion of pasta and a white fish where I leave half of it and then crave a good taste, then one hour later I'm famished, and three hours later either I give up, or I catch a migraine...

Beware, you may gain weight after the diet if you don't start progressively and carefully. Some ladies need some diet time regularly to maintain a weight after a diet.

rosehill

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 1:47 pm
momomany wrote:

diets have worked for me many times!

Isn't that like saying "stopping smoking is easy, I've done it many times"!?!?!?!?! If a diet *worked*, you would only need to go on it once!!

Glad you found what works for you in the LONG TERM, momomany. Perhaps I should have specified that most diets out there today are too restrictive and feel too punitive for MOST PEOPLE to succeed on them in the long term. They are good short term fixes.

OP needs to find a plan that she can live with for years to come. I personally recommend the breaking free we're doing on that other thread, 'coz I don't want to live with rules.

Hatzlacha to all.

shanie5

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 1:51 pm
The problem with diets is that once a person goes off one they usually gain back the weight they lost. What is needed is a change of eating habits-a lifestyle change.

When one learns to eat healthy w/o depriving themselves they will not only lose weight, they will maintain that weight loss.

Still working on that part myself.............

Levtov

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 1:54 pm
ichbinayenta wrote:
I started a diet 3 weeks ago already lost 10 pnds its called friends of health\meisels
Wud u be so kind and give a little rundown what u eat for breakfast, lunch and supper? I know it is low carb. something like Atkins. If you can be specific, I wud appreciate. Thanks

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 2:00 pm
diets work if you keep them

diets dont work if you dont keep them

(arent I profound today?)

im so all or nothing (just like you) that I still didnt lose the baby weight yet. (from the FIRST one. )

Tzippora

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 2:04 pm
Vigorous exercise was the only thing that worked for me. I run 4 miles 3x a week, longer in the summer, but it's relaxing, invigorating, and I get to nosh if I need to because I burn off those calories during my run. It is the best thing I've ever done for myself.

momomany

Post Tue, Feb 15 2011, 2:11 pm
rosehill wrote:
momomany wrote:

diets have worked for me many times!

Isn't that like saying "stopping smoking is easy, I've done it many times"!?!?!?!?! If a diet *worked*, you would only need to go on it once!!

Glad you found what works for you in the LONG TERM, momomany. Perhaps I should have specified that most diets out there today are too restrictive and feel too punitive for MOST PEOPLE to succeed on them in the long term. They are good short term fixes.

OP needs to find a plan that she can live with for years to come. I personally recommend the breaking free we're doing on that other thread, 'coz I don't want to live with rules.

Hatzlacha to all.

rosehill - many diets have worked for me & I have regained the weight on all of them - except oa. diets DO work in getting people to lose weight. the question is what will help people keep the weight off? I have usually found being on a diet to be a relief rather than feeling punitive. it was punitive to be stuck in a body that was 90 lbs overweight. punitive to be in a prison of obesity that curtailed my activities, my clothes choices & made me unhealthy & at risk for stroke, diabetes etc. it was always so hopeful to start a new diet. the first day of most diets always gave me a wonderful feeling of control over my overeating. I always felt so helpless as I ate & ate beyond any sense of reason.
oa has changed my life. I feel free. the restrictions and horror of my obesity are 5.5 long years and 90 lbs away. I embrace and am endlessly grateful for the food limitations I have chosen to impose on myself since they give me a life beyond any I could have imagined.

please keep an open mind & realize that overweight people & compulsive overeaters have choices and decisions to make if they would like to try & combat their disorder. there is no right cure for everyone & no one BEST way.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 9:28 pm
Tzippora wrote:
Vigorous exercise was the only thing that worked for me. I run 4 miles 3x a week, longer in the summer, but it's relaxing, invigorating, and I get to nosh if I need to because I burn off those calories during my run. It is the best thing I've ever done for myself.

Love this post! Thumbs Up

I Heart RUNNING! Yes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise