Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Flower theme for purim

pabambi

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 10:36 am
hi everyone: so I was thinking of doing a flower theme/growing theme and dressing my 14 month old as a flower and my husband and I would be farmers. was wondering if 1) anyone has costumes I could borrow(I live in far rockaway) and 2)what I should do for shaloch manos

momomany

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 11:14 am
m manos can be topiaries - I had fun with that last year

or clear vases layered with colored jelly beans, nuts or chocolate (budget dependent) & fake or food flowers stuck in

costume for the baby is easy & cute - get a large plastic flower pot from home depot, dress baby in brown & put on a flower petal headband - put him in the pot & leave the stroller home!

culinaryk

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 11:46 am
One year I bought very cheap small vases. I filled half way with rock candy and then for the flowers I made cookies on a stick (chocolate chip). I made a few different kinds and put it in the vase. It was really adorable. You could even buy some fancy lollipops and use them as "flowers"

baskrox

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 1:47 pm
So easy to make chocolate flower lollipops. They sell molds on ebay:

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R4.....ories

shevi82

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 2:39 pm
For the costume- I made a flower in the past for the same age baby it was easy (if you can sew a little) and adorable. She wore a purple turtle neck and I took a piece of apple green net put rubber band on the top and it was like a little ballerina skirt. On her head I made a band with a big green and purple material flower ontop, I can try to post a picture later.

momaholic

Post Wed, Feb 16 2011, 10:39 pm
in seminary, for the teachers, we bought skinny vases and filled it up with sunflower seeds and put in 2 sunflowers and gave a bottle of wine wrapped together. it was really pretty looking.

farfromhome

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 4:10 pm
for anyone who did a flower theme, how did you package it? im trying to figure out how to keep the stuff in the flowerpot and still keep it looking nice....

any ideas?

nechami1

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 4:18 pm
I saw someone do this once, they used a plantpot, for soil they used chocolate chips/chocolate beans, and then put in a pineapple upside down so that the leaves were sticking it out. Looked like a plant.

Emee

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 4:42 pm
bake chocolate cake in terra cotta flower pots then put n candy flowers or chocolate flowers on sicks and on top of the cake crumble oreo type cookies and stick in a jelly worm to be coming out of the dirt. it comes out really good. if you ce the cakes first the cookies stick to the icing

wereafamily

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 4:54 pm
Kosher Inspired Issue 3 had a cookie shaped flower recipe that looked easy and attractive.

Enjoy!

realeez

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 5:38 pm
Emee wrote:
bake chocolate cake in terra cotta flower pots then put n candy flowers or chocolate flowers on sicks and on top of the cake crumble oreo type cookies and stick in a jelly worm to be coming out of the dirt. it comes out really good. if you ce the cakes first the cookies stick to the icing

I did something like that once - baked little chocolate cakes in disposable tins and put the tin into a flower pot, iced the cake and sprinkled heavily with crushed oreo-type cookies. I put flower-shaped cookie on a stick in it and wrapped the whole thing in a cellophane bag. Now, I'd probably add those cute candy rocks.

another year, I did a flower theme and baked those mini flower bundt pan cakes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics