Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Best product to IMPORT from Israel or Europe ?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

fashionlover

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 12:03 am
I'm looking to import a product that's around in Israel or Europe and not in the USA and you feel would be greatly appreciated in the USA market too ?
Thanks

Marion

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 4:59 am
Naot shoes & sandals.

lst

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 5:04 am
magic sponge,I know lots of people that bring it back with them from Israel.

example

there are lots of different brands

Mommy25

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 5:10 am
I just bought a pair of naots in canada, I think that "spog hapela" is a great thing to market. it is a white brick that cleans sinks, bathtubs amazing! you just put a little water on it, you don't even need any cleaning agent.
you can also market doritos- they are kosher here in Israel and not milchig- they are cholov israel

shalhevet

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 5:24 am
This thread is cute - I never would have dreamed that these products aren't available in America (okay Naot sandals, yes, in my day in England people used to bring back tanachi sandals as 'proof' they had been to Israel, even though the Israelis didn't wear them [and ditto for dubonim, anyone remember those?])

sarahd

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 5:24 am
They have magic sponges in America.

Marion

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 5:48 am
I know Naot are available in Canada (because I know the importer)...don't know about the U.S.

miriamg

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 5:55 am
Naots are sold on Zappos.

Dev80

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 5:56 am
Whatever it is that makes the ice coffee here so yummy (I dunno if it's the machine or the powder) but it's NOT the same in America!

cassandra

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 6:08 am
Dev80 wrote:
Whatever it is that makes the ice coffee here so yummy (I dunno if it's the machine or the powder) but it's NOT the same in America!

It's probably the milk-- the same reason why the ice cream in Israel tastes nothing like the ice cream in America... Teary Eyed

Dev80

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 6:28 am
no it's not just the milk, I dont know if they even use real milk to make it...it might be powdered milk that's part of the mix...but again, I don't know. Either way, import that Wink

Dev80

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 6:28 am
But, cassandra, you are right that the ice cream here doesn't compare Sad, (unless you want to spend $10 on a small pint of ben and jerry's...)

ewa-jo

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 6:36 am
Dev80 wrote:
But, cassandra, you are right that the ice cream here doesn't compare Sad, (unless you want to spend $10 on a small pint of ben and jerry's...)

My grocery store has 2 pints of B&J's for 38nis. About $5 each.

Ice cream is a treat for us, so we don't buy the Israeli stuff, which isn't as creamy or rich.

cassandra

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 6:50 am
The Israeli Ben and Jerry's doesn't taste like the American Ben and Jerry's. The Ben and Jerry's that tastes like American is imported American.

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 7:35 am
Decent yogurt. (Pardon me, I'm a yogurt freak.)

Yeah, I know -- you can get everything in America, but kosher yogurts are slim pickings in America, but there are very few brands that are not tainted with pectin and thickeners and sweeteners. I bet some Israeli brands could give the few kosher greek yogurts and Stony Brook Farm products (is that the right name?) a run for their money.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 7:38 am
Dev80 wrote:
At my supermarket, you can sometimes luck out and get 2/$10 Rolling Eyes
Cassandra, if you mean Israeli ice cream not tasting like ice cream, it's because here it's made with soy and plastic, not milk and cream.

Tamiri

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 7:40 am
I would import the fabulous boutique cheeses available here.
I don't think there's anything outside the kitchen that's produced here and worth it to import to another country, besides those HOT Israeli males LOL

mamommommy

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 8:04 am
Any nosh that is otherwise not kosher in America sounds great to me!

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 8:06 am
shalhevet wrote:
This thread is cute - I never would have dreamed that these products aren't available in America (okay Naot sandals, yes, in my day in England people used to bring back tanachi sandals as 'proof' they had been to Israel, even though the Israelis didn't wear them [and ditto for dubonim, anyone remember those?])

I take exception to this. I wore both a dubon and tanachi sandals (not at the same time) as a girl!!!

Tamiri

Post Sun, Feb 20 2011, 8:09 am
I wore both dubon and tanachi sandals as a girl too. And carried a tik sechel. And had naalei paladium for tiyulim. I think I must have looked like Dosh.
Page 1 of 10   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars