Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim costume and MM ideas please

Rosemarie

Post Sun, Feb 27 2011, 9:27 pm
What should I dress my 2 toddler girls and baby boy as this Purim? I don't want to spend a fortune, and so far what I have seen in the BP stores ran from $20(for baby)-$25(for toddlers) and up! I wouldn't mind spending $10-15 for each(15 being a bit over the limit really but I am trying to be realistic), and I want them to look cute!
I also usually do my mishloach manos according to the kids costumes, as that gives me ideas what to make/buy. Otherwise I feel like the choices are endless-just look at all the options in the grocery! This way, I limit my options and have cute MM in the process. So I could use ideas for this too.
Any ideas would be helpful!

joyofkosher

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 10:41 am
Here is a very cheap idea: You can put them all in Togas using sheets (put it over a long sleeve shirt and leggings) and make a leaf crown, then make the Mishloach Manot suggested here called - Roman Holiday.

http://joyofkosher.com/blog/20.....anot/

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 9:26 pm
Any other ideas out there for toddlers (2.5 and 3.9) and a 10 month old? Joyofkosher's idea is cute, but I think not so child friendly. My kids won't even know what they are dressed as. My original thought was more along the lines of teddy bears and then giving beer and other bear shaped foods in my MM. Until I saw the prices of the bear costumes.

torahtots

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 12:58 pm
Have you looked online for costumes? They are often cheap this time of year (or anytime that's not Halloween). I bought some of my costumes and accessories on eBay.
If you are on Facebook, there is a group called "Purim themes and Mishloach Manot ideas" or something like that and some people are selling costumes or have costume gemachs.

Emee

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 1:23 pm
you need an dea that doesnt require a whole costume

bakers - give out any baked good
doctors - chciken soup, apple, dr. pepper etc
chinese if you live near china town you can get stuff cheap- fortune cookies
cowboy-not sure what to give out maybe do a black and white cow theme?

lkwdmommy

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 2:20 pm
Magicians? Dress them in black clothes that you already own and just buy a cape, top hat (cheap one) and white gloves. MM can just be black and white stuff (stick to the color theme).

Or farmers. Denim pants/overalls with plaid shirts and buy farmer hats (about $2-4). MM can be dairy stuff.

torahtots

Post Tue, Mar 01 2011, 2:27 pm
You can do two magicians and a rabbit (or two rabbits and a magician). The rabbit can wear a sleeper pajama, stick on a cotton ball tail, paint on whiskers and a pink nose, and you can make or buy a bunny ears headband. Two big bunnies and a baby magician would be really cute.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics