Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Did you start cleaning for Pesach yet???????
1  2  Next

Did you start cleaning for Pesach yet?
Yes of course!  
 22%  [ 34 ]
I'm planning to start pretty soon...  
 38%  [ 59 ]
What?!? Who's thinking about Pesach already?  
 39%  [ 60 ]
Total Votes : 153

Yiddis

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 10:18 am
Some people are always ahead of the game....and some are so 'last minute'....

Preparing in advance definitely eliminates some of the cleaning stress, but isn't it hard when you have to watch that the clean stuff shouldn't get 'dirty' again? It's such a headache!

Isramom8

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 10:26 am
Only a little pre-cleaning, such as thinning out the amount of junk in drawers.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 10:27 am
Cleaning or decluttering?
The latter, and a few drawers that I guess can fall under the former.

supermama2

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 10:29 am
I started cleaning out under a few closet drawers.

rovacat

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 10:41 am
I find it too hard to start now. I have a small apt and my kids can get food everywhere. I'll start after purim with the areas they can't get to. then, when I start the other areas, soon after that, they won't be able to eat anymore chametz snacks in the house. no more cheerios, pretzles, etc. so that way I can control the situation. and once I clean, I won't have to reclean.
the hardest part for me is to move the big pieces of furniture and clean underneath them. I'll try to get someone to help me with that. besides that, my house is really in order and I never let junk pile up anyway.

saw50st8

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 10:44 am
We go to my sister for the whole Pesach, so no plans to clean the house. Although, it could use a deep scrub...

Merrymom

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 11:03 am
You had to remind he huh?! At wits end waiting

prestige

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 11:09 am
I 'Clean for pesach' right before Pasech... all chometz and crumbs out!!!! I do a good spring clean yomim tovim... so I divide the work throught the yr...

su7kids

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 11:26 am
Very untypically of me, I have actually. The reason is that Beezras Hashem between now and dthen we have another grandchild coming, and I'm going to be away for 3 weeks and not sure when I'm getting back. Plus, we finally have an empty nest, so nothing gets UNDONE. Also doing a bit of house renovations as well as filling up bags for the thrift stores.

Very very untypical.

grace413

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 11:34 am
Not even thinking of it until after Purim. Then I'll have to think for about 2 weeks before I actually do anything.

aidelmaidel

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 11:58 am
I'm half yekke - if I wasn't already cleaning something would be seriously wrong.

Here's what I've done:
- I did the "deep clean" of my girl's room. I'll need to give it a quick once over again before pesach but the deep clean is done. In fact yesterday I did the last of the stuff with their room - we went through all the shoes and gave a big bag away.
- We did my bedroom except for going through the clothing in our dressers and the closet. We don't bring food in our bedroom, as my DH says, we're not exactly eating pretzels over our underwear. I will spend one weekday night working on the closet and the dresser together with my DH
- I did my "spare bedroom" yesterday. I had already cleaned one of the 3 closets in that room. One of the closets must be cleaned but the 3rd I am thinking about just closing off.
- We've done the fridge and stove once but will do again this week.
- I am decluttering as I go.

Still to do:
- living room
- Dining room
- Big closet
- Eat in Kitchen
- Bathroom

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 12:27 pm
grace413 wrote:
Not even thinking of it until after Purim. Then I'll have to think for about 2 weeks before I actually do anything.

Same here!

I don't know how you can really clean for Pesach now. Declutter or organize, yes, but do actual Pesach cleaning?

I actually guess I am thinking about it, because I am using up what chamatz I have and peeking around the dark corners of my freezer so nothing goes to waste before the chag, but actual cleaning, way to early.

I do clean out one cabinet in the kitchen before Purim so I have a place to put the new stuff we get (always get a few cups or a bowl or whatever in MM), and the KLP stuff (KLP kitniot also, so it's saved for the week before Pesach snacks)

clowny

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 12:37 pm
grace413 wrote:

Same here. I never start cleaning before purim. I want to enjoy my purim preparations leisurely and I still wanna take advantage of those lousy winter days.

ray family

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 1:01 pm
my room is done.
started organizing the kids room
started the closet in the guest room
gen. speaking my kids eat in the kitchen and at the dining room table.
I've never found food in their pockets the only food I've found in their bedroom was in "their" drawer no place else.
pesach doesnt stress me out.
I'm only starting now bec. I'm getting my spring cleaning in as well (even that I don't understand bec. I'm always cleaning so it's not like it's dirty to begin w/ but whatever... at least I'll be done early)

lkwdmommy

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 4:53 pm
I have started organizing the insides of my rooms (closets, dressers, etc.) One thing I did that in my experience is important - I went through my freezer adn took note of the stuff in there. For example, I have 2 pans of meat lasagna that I forgot about. Time to start thinking about using the stuff up. Don't want to be stuck with too much food at the last minute.

Isramom8

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 4:57 pm
Tonight's dinner was potluck frozen foods that my kids asked me to buy and never finished.
Bli neder, no more new-product experimental frozen foods till after Pesach.

nechami1

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 5:11 pm
seder table all set, food bubbling on the hob, kids bathed, chometz burnt....................... Wink

amother

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 5:18 pm
I'm generally calm with pesach cleaning, all credit goes to my mom, who never made it stressful, we always started on feb 1st, and every day we'd do 1 thing.
Now with 4 kids, the last few years I've started, not too long after chanukah. If anything , starting early, is less stress. I do everywhere that kids don't get to (closets, top cabinets, china closet etc...) And after purim we start with the other places.
So basically I've already done all my closets in my house, I still need to finish my china closet and the top cabinets till purim, I would also like to finish my entire bedroom, down to the floor (my kids never go in there)
I get to pesach calmly (so do my kids) every inch of the house cleaned and beautiful. Smile

Mommyme1

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 6:32 pm
We only have two bedrooms and one main room. I don't usually bring food into either bedroom so I'll just do a quick clean before Pesach in case my DD brought any crumbs into either room. As for the kitchen/dining/living room - can't take care of that till right before either!! It'll be a busy few days and then we'll have no chometz allowed at all anywhere.

Pandabeer

Post Mon, Feb 28 2011, 7:52 pm
I'd rather work and scrub 2 weeks through the night than have to run after my children that they should walk around with food.
My table is in the hall and is open to everywhere.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics