Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Need Ami Magazine phone number please

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Mar 02 2011, 5:00 pm
Can someone please give me the phone number for Ami Magazine? I've given away all my old issues and now need to call to complain that I haven't received last week's issue yet. In the past I've gotten their number (needed to call about this issue many times) from the website, but its no longer on it.

Thanks.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 2:17 pm
Bumping -- please someone who has it, can you give me their contact number?

Thanks.

shmaichul

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 2:30 pm
just got this weeks... its 718 534 8800 good luck!

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Mar 03 2011, 4:01 pm
Thank you. Someone also PMed it to me.

I called them and told them I hadn't yet received last week's issue and they told me they had a "glitch" and that last week's and this weeks issues were sent out together.

I've been subscribing since issue 2 and there have only been 2 issues received at a reasonable time so far (only one of them within the week it came out). I don't understand why they can't get their act straight and send them out normally like other publications do.

Merrymom

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 1:28 pm
How much does a subscription cost?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 1:39 pm
Are they delivered by mail or a local distributor?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 1:46 pm
Out of NY/NJ area, I think the subscription is $190/year. I think it's $150 in NY/NJ area. It comes by mail and the delivery is erratic (which is why I always need to call).

Merrymom

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 2:09 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Out of NY/NJ area, I think the subscription is $190/year. I think it's $150 in NY/NJ area. It comes by mail and the delivery is erratic (which is why I always need to call).

OK thanks. I still find that a bit expensive. I can't see paying more than $2 an issue, it just bugs me that they charge so much. I wonder if their overhead is that great or is everyone just charging these prices because they can?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 9:56 pm
believe me I dont know if they're coming up even yet, never mind turning a profit.just calculate how much they have to pay all the writers, the printing costs and other staff, vs how many they are selling? shipping is expensive too.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 8:58 am
Mama Bear wrote:
shipping is expensive too.

Yeah, I pay the OOT subscription rate, and they couldn't even bother sending the issue before last timely on its own. They sent it the next week together with that week's one in one envelope. I don't think they should even be doing mail subscriptions if they can't manage to send them out timely (I realize I may not get it before Shabbos), but to wait a week and send 2 week's worth together is not acceptable.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 9:04 am
OOTBubby wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

Yeah, I pay the OOT subscription rate, and they couldn't even bother sending the issue before last timely on its own. They sent it the next week together with that week's one in one envelope. I don't think they should even be doing mail subscriptions if they can't manage to send them out timely (I realize I may not get it before Shabbos), but to wait a week and send 2 week's worth together is not acceptable.

The problem with mail subscriptions is that no one is accountable. We never get our Yated before Shabbos - that's reality, nothing I have a right to complain about - but usually get it by the middle of the next week. We recently had one week entirely go missing only to come in the mail two weeks late. Yated would say it's the post office's fault and they're not responsible to send us another. At least it comes in an envelope. I have visions of my Yated making the rounds of the local post office (which kind of gets me nervous).

OTOH, it is the cheapest option.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 9:20 am
PinkFridge wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

The problem with mail subscriptions is that no one is accountable. We never get our Yated before Shabbos - that's reality, nothing I have a right to complain about - but usually get it by the middle of the next week. We recently had one week entirely go missing only to come in the mail two weeks late. Yated would say it's the post office's fault and they're not responsible to send us another. At least it comes in an envelope. I have visions of my Yated making the rounds of the local post office (which kind of gets me nervous).

OTOH, it is the cheapest option.

That's exactly my point -- since it comes in an envelope, and they sent 2 together, it was clearly not the fault of the post office. They clearly chose to do so (to save money?). I think that goes against the whole idea of a subscription.

Here we get Mishpacha, Binah and Hamodia by hand delivery, usually Thursday evening, sometimes Wednesday evening. Our only choice for the Yated is mail, like you, and like you, it was very erratic, so I canceled the subscription and buy it in the store (yes, it costs more, but I wasn't interested in reading it when it came so late).

I just think that Ami needs to at least send them out on time weekly, which they are clearly not doing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room