Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Steve Irwin
1  2  Next

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 5:14 pm
Why is the world morning this crazy guy? He took major risks with his life what is so special with him?

This was the guy that, "He sparked outrage across Australia after cradling his one-month-old son a metre away from the reptile during a show at Australia Zoo. " BBC website.

So can someone please explain this to me what is making everyone so upset the guy sounds like so looney to me!!!

MommyEsty

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 5:17 pm
yeah and I hope it teaches other reporters who do dangerous stuff a major lesson

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 11 2006, 3:24 am
he was still a human being, who was killed by a sting ray.

and besides for that little stupid thing that he did with his young baby, I think that he was an amazing guy. there are ppl out there who do amazing things.

but he was still HaShem's creature.

aussiegal

Post Mon, Sep 11 2006, 3:37 am
I'm not quite sure whatyou're getting so worked up about - non jews don't have rabbonim and stuff to look up to. So they turn to TV celebrities etc. as their role models and heros. Anyone who likes wildlife etc. obviously enjoyed STeve Irwin's antics and shows, and his death is devastating to them.

supermom

Post Mon, Sep 11 2006, 5:10 am
Could someone post a link?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 11 2006, 5:36 am
http://news.yahoo.com/fc/enter.....irwin

supermom

Post Mon, Sep 11 2006, 5:55 am
Thanks. I can't believe it it is the'Crocodile Hunter' I am so sad and shocked. I use to watch him when I went to florida for the summers or winter. Sad

happy2beme

Post Mon, Sep 11 2006, 8:48 am
I was wondering when s/o would post him on here- took long enough Smile

it's sad when s/o dies & leaves behind a wife & 2 kids no matter how 'crazy' he is. plus, he knew how to treat & act with animals- that they weren't dangerous to him. he said most of the time he knew when there was danger.

I liked him, he taught kids a lot about all different animals & made the world see ma rabu ma secha hashem...

JEWISHMAMA

Post Thu, Sep 14 2006, 5:55 am
steve irwin had an amazing respect and love for animals and portrayed that in his shows. He did amazing things and he knew all the risks he took. my son has such a love for animals that not one day goes by that he doesn´t find a lizard or a spider and then he goes and researches it to find out all about it. he´s going to be nine and if he doesnt become a vet I would be very surprised. you learn a lot of lessons from animals ie organization from ants, bravery from lions, etc. these things can be applied to everyday life jewish or not. everything has a purpose and maybe steve´s was to teach people what they could learn about and from the brios ha olam.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Sep 14 2006, 11:18 am
His death was very ironic. He wrestled alligators & crocodiles yet a usually harmless sting ray stabbed him in the chest. It's kinda sad.

supermom

Post Thu, Sep 14 2006, 11:33 am
momof3 My husband said the same thing.

ny21

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 12:05 am
Only 16 deaths have been reported since the beginnng of time.

ny21

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 12:08 am
I have swam with sting rays on a trip with my realtive !

I was not warned about anything !

klotzkashe

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 10:58 am
DONT" ASK!!!!!!!!!
the whole coutnry is in mourning!
for days now all we hear about is steve irwin steve irwin.

Australians call up the radio talk show hosts, bawling how they will miss steve and how will they tell their children what has happened? and how will wildlife warriors go on without steve to show them the way?

Look, it's sad that a woman is left with two little kids and no husband. But HELLO?! ITS THE INEVITABLE!

the freaky thing though is that he was filming a documentary called "what can kill you in the sea" - just goes to show.

His wife was trekking with the kids in tasmania and didn't even find out for a couple of hours. The whole country knew before the police could locate her.

IF ONLY SOMEONE WHO WAS THAT GOOD TO HUMANS WOULD BE CELEBRATED LIKE STEVE IRWIN!

Tefila

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 11:01 pm
Quote:
IF ONLY SOMEONE WHO WAS THAT GOOD TO HUMANS WOULD BE CELEBRATED LIKE STEVE IRWIN!

Amen 8)

lubcoralsprings

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 12:11 am
His dealth is very sad though not shocking. He lived on the edge by doing such dangerous stunts so I am sure he knew this could happen. I just think it's so sad that it was a harmless animal that killed him.

Piper

Post Sat, Oct 07 2006, 10:55 pm
aussiegal wrote:
I'm not quite sure whatyou're getting so worked up about - non jews don't have rabbonim and stuff to look up to. So they turn to TV celebrities etc. as their role models and heros. Anyone who likes wildlife etc. obviously enjoyed STeve Irwin's antics and shows, and his death is devastating to them.

your post is very short-sighted. Many non jews do look to Hashem for guidance, and yes, I did cry when I found out that he died. I am very sad for his wife and children.

ny21

Post Sun, Oct 29 2006, 7:58 pm
I read that his daughter is going to have her won TV show

ny21

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 12:17 pm
South PArk made a spoof about him .

chen

Post Mon, Oct 30 2006, 1:18 pm
momoftwins wrote:
Only 16 deaths have been reported since the beginnng of time.
Question Question Question
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics