Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Have you ever had success?
1  2  Next

supermama2

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 1:30 pm
I mean, have you actually lost twenty plus pounds in a reasonable amount of time after having a few kids? If so, please share your success with me 8)

p.s.
ignore my signature LOL

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 1:35 pm
SarahO. wrote:
I mean, have you actually lost twenty plus pounds in a reasonable amount of time after having a few kids? If so, please share your success with me

Yes, after having tried virtually every possible weight loss program, I've had tremendous success with homeopathic HCG. Women lose an average of half a pound a day on it. I lost 24 lbs. in 50 days. You are not hungry and there is an excellent maintenance program to help you keep it off and learn how to eat for the future.

For more information, go to this link: http://ketomist.com/cmd.php?af=1205831

Read everything there and watch the video. Get the eBook written by Dr. Simeons and read that. Note that it is written for a different (injectable rather than oral spray) version of this diet so there are some small differents in the food plan (notably that you cannot have coffee with the spray, that you can have unlimited amounts of the allowed vegetables at each meal as long as you don't mix different kinds of vegetables and there is some differences in the choices of fruits & vegetables).

Please note that to do a full round of this diet you need 6-7 weeks of the diet phase followed by 6 weeks maintenance. There is not presently enough time before Pesach to do it properly (the homeopathic spray itself is chometz and the first 3 weeks of maintenance do not allow any starches or sugars).

If you'd like more information, feel free to PM me and I'll give you an email address to use.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 1:39 pm
I had never been on a diet before. As I turned 40, my thyroid slowed and I gained weight like crazy.

I lost 26 lbs in 5 mos.; I went from 139 to 113. I'm an even 125 now, though.

And I'm in the gym 6 days a week !!!

supermama2

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 1:42 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I had never been on a diet before. As I turned 40, my thyroid slowed and I gained weight like crazy.

I lost 26 lbs in 5 mos.; I went from 139 to 113. I'm an even 125 now, though.

And I'm in the gym 6 days a week !!!

26 lbs in 5 mo. is good! How did you do that? 125 is a nice weight and you prob. have muscle adding to the # anyway Wink

supermama2

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 1:44 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
SarahO. wrote:
I mean, have you actually lost twenty plus pounds in a reasonable amount of time after having a few kids? If so, please share your success with me

Yes, after having tried virtually every possible weight loss program, I've had tremendous success with homeopathic HCG. Women lose an average of half a pound a day on it. I lost 24 lbs. in 50 days. You are not hungry and there is an excellent maintenance program to help you keep it off and learn how to eat for the future.

For more information, go to this link: http://ketomist.com/cmd.php?af=1205831

Read everything there and watch the video. Get the eBook written by Dr. Simeons and read that. Note that it is written for a different (injectable rather than oral spray) version of this diet so there are some small differents in the food plan (notably that you cannot have coffee with the spray, that you can have unlimited amounts of the allowed vegetables at each meal as long as you don't mix different kinds of vegetables and there is some differences in the choices of fruits & vegetables).

Please note that to do a full round of this diet you need 6-7 weeks of the diet phase followed by 6 weeks maintenance. There is not presently enough time before Pesach to do it properly (the homeopathic spray itself is chometz and the first 3 weeks of maintenance do not allow any starches or sugars).

If you'd like more information, feel free to PM me and I'll give you an email address to use.

Wow, I might look into this but honestly, I can not see giving up my cuppa cofee...that would be harder than losing weight!

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 1:49 pm
SarahO. wrote:

Wow, I might look into this but honestly, I can not see giving up my cuppa cofee...that would be harder than losing weight!

First of all, you can still get your caffeine fix from tea. Secondly, while it isn't technically allowed, there are quite a few people who post on the Ketomist support site saying they do drink coffee and still lose fast (no guarantee though).

Trust me, this diet is really amazing. Everyone I know who has done it properly has been thrilled with it (and it is easy to do it properly).

cbsmommy

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 2:25 pm
Yes I lost all my 'baby weight'. I firmly am against counting fat/carbs, but when I'm trying to lose weight, I cut out 'premade foods'. No frozen pizza, no premade fishsticks, no frozen waffles. If I want pizza, I make it myself. Ditto the fishsticks and the waffles. I find that 2 things happen: 1) the grocery bill goes down, and 2) I sneak in healthier ingredients without really noticing. (Flax seed in the waffles, pizza made with less sugar in the sauce, fishsticks that are baked instead of fried, homemade dressings have less 'additives', etc).

I do watch my sugar levels for other reasons. Medical reasons prevent me from using artificial sweeteners, and I can't drink regular soda, too much alcohol, and only minute amounts of caffeine. I also always tried to make the 'whole grain choice.' Did I always succeed at cutting out sugar? No, but I compromise based on what my doc has said is safe for me. Ex. I had a whole grain chocolate chip muffin for breakfast. It was homemade, so at least I know what EXACTLY was in it, but lets be honest, there are healthier things to eat in the morning.

By the time baby was 2 months, I'd lost over 25 lbs. For me, the trick was getting out of the house and taking the baby in the stroller for a walk outside when it was nice, going to the park, shopping while wearing baby, etc. It's MUCH easier to do this in the summer/spring or if you live in a nice climate.

Now I maintain by going to a gym 3 times a week and doing 30 minutes of weights/ball 2x a week. The third day I take zumba. Running after my toddler also probably counts as exercize.

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 3:29 pm
lets see... after my last baby, I lost about 7 pounds on ww, while nursing. then I put it back on again over the summer. Sad Then I started exercising out twice a day (treadmill and bike) and watching my food intake. I lost about 15 pounds over the next year this way. I found it hard to be disiciplined over Yomim tovim, unfortunately due to my job we have to have guests so I cannot make small simple Yom tov meals.

I am trying OOTbubbys method now...let you know if it works.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 3:29 pm
Chiming in for the HCG diet here.

I am in the sixth week of this diet and I have lost 35 lbs. With another few days left to go, I hope to drop a few more and am considering doing an extra, optional week. When I finish I will be about 12 lbs shy of my goal weight, which I might take off with exercise as opposed to another 1/2 round. Not sure yet. I am not too stressed about those final pounds because I look really slim, my double chin has disappeared and I am down a couple of dress sizes.

It is very limited, but the rapid weightloss is very motivating. As I am about to enter the maintenance phase of the diet, I can't tell you how I will do, but most people seem to report relative ease in maintaining.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 3:37 pm
15 kilos in 3 months with low cal low carb low sugar (fake sugar and fake carbs, google low carb pasta for example). It's 33 pounds.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 3:39 pm
Raisin wrote:
I am trying OOTbubbys method now...let you know if it works.

Good luck!

Let me know if I can be of assistance.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 3:41 pm
amother wrote:
Chiming in for the HCG diet here.

I am in the sixth week of this diet and I have lost 35 lbs. With another few days left to go, I hope to drop a few more and am considering doing an extra, optional week. When I finish I will be about 12 lbs shy of my goal weight, which I might take off with exercise as opposed to another 1/2 round. Not sure yet. I am not too stressed about those final pounds because I look really slim, my double chin has disappeared and I am down a couple of dress sizes.

It is very limited, but the rapid weightloss is very motivating. As I am about to enter the maintenance phase of the diet, I can't tell you how I will do, but most people seem to report relative ease in maintaining.

Fantastic job! If you've done so well in Phase 2, I'm sure you'll find Phase 3 (maintenance) a breeze.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 3:47 pm
Thanks OOTBubby.

Would just like to take this opportunity to thank you publicly for your support thru PM when I began the protocol. Even though I was starting to feel like a bit of a "noodge", you always replied promptly and with patience. Thanks again!!

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 3:50 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks OOTBubby.

Would just like to take this opportunity to thank you publicly for your support thru PM when I began the protocol. Even though I was starting to feel like a bit of a "noodge", you always replied promptly and with patience. Thanks again!!

My pleasure. I am very appreciative of imamother as I wouldn't have heard of HHCG if I hadn't stumbled across mention of it here.

I think it is something that many people can benefit from and am happy to be able to help out.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 5:08 pm
I unfortunately can't speak to the "after kids" part. What worked for me was admitting that I had a binge eating problem and dealing with it. I also began purposely stopping eating when I was almost but not quite full—in many cases this cut my portion sizes in half. I am not hungry when doing this and am pleasantly satisfed (the "full" feeling kicks in later). I found smaller treats to satisfy my sweet tooth. I also started walking more. Small changes, but over a year and a half I dropped about 20 pounds. I went from the cusp of obesity on the notorious BMI chart to just within "normal." I also had fewer headaches and digestive problems from overeating and gained a lot more energy.

I lost a good amount of weight this way and, more importantly, have been improving my lifestyle and feeling better about myself. I'll never be skinny, but I'm happy with where I am now and where I hope to be, weight-wise.

Sadly, the emotional issues are still present and I fell off this particular wagon and am struggling again. I gained a bit back but after again confronting my demons was able to shed it. But I'm now at the lowest I've been since I was in my early twenties (I'm now mid-thirties), and am still determined to reach my first goal weight this year by shedding five more pounds. I'll probably have to start exercising for real to do it, and am framing it in my mind more as a way to live the life I want to live (being more active and physically strong) rather than strictly a weight thing.

Just wanted to post to say that, for me at least, small, non-drastic changes can and do help!

Barbara

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 5:12 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
amother wrote:
Thanks OOTBubby.

My pleasure. I am very appreciative of imamother as I wouldn't have heard of HHCG if I hadn't stumbled across mention of it here.

I think it is something that many people can benefit from and am happy to be able to help out.

Is this a product that you sell?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 5:17 pm
Barbara wrote:
OOTBubby wrote:
amother wrote:
Thanks OOTBubby.

Is this a product that you sell?

No, I do not sell it. I do receive a referral credit if you buy it through my link, but I promote it because I believe in it.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 5:43 pm
SarahO. wrote:
26 lbs in 5 mo. is good! How did you do that? 125 is a nice weight and you prob. have muscle adding to the # anyway Wink

I hope so !!

Plain and simple, diet and exercise. A lifestyle change - I eat primarily the Food Pyramid way - lots of fruits and veggies, lean proteins, and whole grains. Very few treats.

nicole81

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 8:56 pm
I lost 40 lbs after my second child by following weight watchers.

momomany

Post Sun, Mar 06 2011, 11:48 pm
When my 6th child was about a year old (5.5 yrs ago) I joined oa & lost 90lb. I lost 21 lb the first month & took about a year to lose the rest. I have had bh 2 more children since them & aside from gaining & losing the pregnancy weight, I have been maintaining my weight loss (give or take 5-10 lbs). I eat no sugar or simple carbs, no flour, no snacks & I weigh/measure everything I eat.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise