Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Have you ever had success?
Previous  1  2

baba

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 6:39 am
I lost 40 pounds after my first. I always was skinny, borderline underweight, though I ate like crazy and never did sport. It's in the genes. Anyway, it turns out I have pcos. So I went on a strict diet of no sugar, everything ww, limited carbs and low fat dairy and meat. Accompanied by some exercize a week. I did this from about sukot to purim and lost all that weight. Was still 5 kilos more that pre baby nr 1, but that's ok, since I was just barely on the normal weight scale. Baby nr 2 I watched out a lot more and didnt gain as much, Still, didnt lose it easily and gained with bf. So I started again, this time less strict. Cut out most sweet and nosh, though allowed myself a little dessert on shabbes if it was worth it (I've gotten into determining if something is really worth it and often, it's really not). Wasnt as strict as the first time with sugar and fat, but just watching carefully, making sure to eat lots of veggies, fruit, ww, though all this has become part of my normal diet anyway. I did notice that sport is the key with me. I can do lots of sport and be not crazy strict and lose a lot more than if I do less sport and am very strict. So I did sport about 3 times a week this time and lost 20 pounds in about 4 months, Which got me back to prebaby nr 2 weight again.

In a way, I'm grateful for the process I've been forced to go through. I have changed my eating habits completely and live a much healthier lifestyle. If I'd still be thin, I'd still be eating all that junk and not doing sport, which wouldnt do my body any good in the long run.

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 7:42 am
Yes, I have 3 kids and lost 118 pounds in the past 8 months. Very Happy

supermama2

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 9:57 am
Mirabelle wrote:

Please share how Smile

applemartini101

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 10:07 am
I lost 45 pounds on TLC (that the frum womans program for OA) in less than 4 months

amother

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 10:30 am
applemartini101 wrote:
I lost 45 pounds on TLC (that the frum womans program for OA) in less than 4 months

May I ask how long you have maintained your weight loss?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 10:47 am
Have you had weight issues before? Has anything worked in the past? Do you have time to exercise regularly?
I'm always fascinated when I hear about very specific, limited diets. I guess my thinking is that if I had that kind of will power, I might not have got to where I am in the first place. Before doing that I'd give the basics a try - eating better and exercising. At this point I probably should try to focus on good proteins, vegetables, grains, with fruit on the back burner and the "whites" if not out of the picture, also low down on the totem pole.
Give the standard advice a try first before starting flavor of the month, IMO.
(Not knocking HCG, just thinking that this could be stressful for a busy young mother.)

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Mar 07 2011, 12:22 pm
SarahO. wrote:
Mirabelle wrote:

Please share how Smile

I had surgery... under the care of doctors and nutritionists, so that's why the number is so big.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise