Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where do you keep yarmulkas/kippas/koppels?

chamco

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 5:17 am
I have a few boys and never found a good place to store these. They often float around and then can't be found when we need them. Any good ideas?

kalsee

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 5:18 am
sock drawer?

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 5:53 am
Dh keeps his in the top drawer of his nighttable, and I keep ds's in the top drawer of his dresser in a basket.

shalhevet

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 5:55 am
I have a plastic basket on top of drawers where they all get tossed...

Marion

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 6:22 am
I have a small cupboard attached to the shelf where I light candles. I keep candles and kippot in there.

zigi

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 8:19 am
in the kitchen, I have an extra drawer I keep yalmukes and hair bows etc over there

mom4life

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 9:37 am
I don't think it really matters where as long as there is a set place for them. Just make sure to stick them in there each time and you will be fine!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 10:17 am
In the closet with the tzitzis.

obagys

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 10:26 am
DS has a yarmulka/tzitzus drawer in his closet

baskrox

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 2:42 pm
I have a set of three plastic drawers hidden in the corner of the living room next to the couch. Since I had three in diapers, one drawer was set for each child. In drawer we keep diapers and extra accessories for that child so we don't have to run upstairs every time for ponytail, yarmulke, paci, clean undershirt, socks, brush, plus diapers, wipes, cream - it works great.

gryp

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 3:10 pm
In an old empty wipes box, on a low shelf in the lr/dr. With 4 boys we have a lot of roaming yarmulkes around and so I needed somewhere to put them where the kids can reach, if they lose theirs in the middle of the night, while getting dressed, or whatever.

mamommommy

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 3:36 pm
I have a basket in the closet in my boys' bedroom for yarmulkes, but my boys wear the same yarmulkes every day that they also wear to sleep, so it's only an occasional issue to find a yarmulke.

Liba

Post Tue, Mar 08 2011, 4:05 pm
My son has a stuffed animal on his dresser that wears his spare kippot.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 1:30 am
In their closet drawers (DH and DS). For DS this is theoretical, his everyday kipa is usually in the shirt he wore last night (do you know how many times I had to go fish out of the laundry basket and try to remember which shirt he wore yesterday, and it has gotten pretty yuchy from all the times I accidentally washed it with everything else), his shabbat kipa is on a shelf somewhere (I think a bookcase) and his drawer is full of kipot that need clips that he constantly either loses or takes off.
I really need to get him new kipot. I guess Pesach is the right time.

Isramom8

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 1:39 am
Liba wrote:

Smile

In the closet in the boys' room.I used to keep a stack in a kitchen cabinet for guests who arrived without. I should put a couple back there.

I know an eclectic family who keeps kippot on a kitchen counter. Whoever feels like putting one on takes one at will, but no one has to. You'll see two boys with and two without, and then the opposite the next day.

chanchy123

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 1:52 am
Isramom8 wrote:
Liba wrote:

Smile

In the closet in the boys' room.I used to keep a stack in a kitchen cabinet for guests who arrived without. I should put a couple back there.

I know an eclectic family who keeps kippot on a kitchen counter. Whoever feels like putting one on takes one at will, but no one has to. You'll see two boys with and two without, and then the opposite the next day.

I was thinking this family had different kinds of kipot (sruga, leather, black with a seret, black without a seret, buchari, karlibach style, etc. etc.) and the kids could choose which kind of kipa they feel like wearing today. That would be cool.

In the kitchen

Post Wed, Mar 09 2011, 2:39 am
Another sock drawer here.

The stuffed animal sounds really cute!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics