Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
What cars did Nazi's y"s use

amother

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 8:20 am
Anyone know what cars did the Nazi's y"s use? I need to know this ASAP.
thanks

cindy324

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 9:54 am
Uh, German cars What ?

I have some cousins who are totally not observant of anything jewish, but somehow they decided that they will not drive German cars ever. No Audi, mercedes, BMW etc.

Although I see a lot of frum people here in Brooklyn drive Mercedes and BMWs.

Blossom

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 10:00 am
Mercedes, Volkswagon

Chanie

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 10:00 am
If I'm not mistaken, I think I recall hearing that he drove a mercedes.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 10:38 am
There's a car named a Cox, or Coccinelle, from Volkswagen (or Porsche?). It was designed on Hitler's demand.

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 10:59 am
Volkswagon was Hitler's car of choice. But I would never buy anything German made.

ShiraMiri

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 11:06 am
http://www.ranknfile-ue.org/uen_nastybiz.html

"GM and Ford, through their subsidiaries, controlled 70 percent of the German automobile market when war broke out in 1939. Those companies "rapidly retooled themselves to become suppliers of war materiel to the Germany army," writes Michael Dobbs in the Washington Post."

"When American GIs invaded Europe in June 1944, they did so in jeeps, trucks and tanks manufactured by the Big Three motor companies in one of the largest crash militarization programs ever undertaken," observes Dobbs. "It came as an unpleasant surprise to discover that the enemy was also driving trucks manufactured by Ford and Opel — a 100 percent GM-owned subsidiary — and flying Opel-built warplanes."

"It wasn’t all strictly business. Henry Ford, a notorious anti-Semite, formed a kind of mutual admiration society with Adolf Hitler. The German dictator enthusiastically applauded American mass-production techniques. "I regard Henry Ford as my inspiration," declared Hitler, who kept a life-size portrait of the American industrialist next to his desk. In 1938, Ford accepted the highest medal that Nazi Germany could award a foreigner, the Grand Cross of the German Eagle."

cindy324

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 1:21 pm
I thought Volkswagon was swedish made. oops.

amother

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 1:35 pm
thanks marney

proudema

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 1:50 pm
I would never buy a German made car and a lot of people in my community feel the same way. How can I drive a car that was created and used to transport my family to their deaths???

Hilter created the Volkswagon which in German means the family car. He envisioned it as being the ultimate German car. Also, the Jews were transported in Mercedes. However I still would not buy a BMW even though I dont think Hitler himself had anything to do with it. Another car I wouldnt by is a Volvo bec. it's Swiss made I think. And we all know what the "neutral" Swiss did to Jewish refugees and Jewish money.

My parents wont EVEN buy products made in Germany like dishwashers, appliances... etc...

Raisin

Post Sat, Sep 16 2006, 5:42 pm
Volvos are made in Sweden. Maybe do some research before boycotting goods. (great cars safety wise, btw!)

If you take that principle too far, you will only be able to buy stuff made in Israel!

brooklyn

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 9:09 am
I think the whole not buying German cars thing is ridiculous. If you use that philosophy then don't bey any Italian products because they were allies with Germany, and don't forget the Catholic Church . Don't buy any products from Spain because of the Inquisition. Don't buy any products from The U.S. because they didn't allow the boatload of Jews to land in America and sent them back to Germany. The list goes on and on and on. Every country at one time or another has been responsible for the death of Jews. So enough of the stupidity already.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 11:48 am
brooklyn wrote:
I think the whole not buying German cars thing is ridiculous. If you use that philosophy then don't bey any Italian products because they were allies with Germany, and don't forget the Catholic Church . Don't buy any products from Spain because of the Inquisition. Don't buy any products from The U.S. because they didn't allow the boatload of Jews to land in America and sent them back to Germany. The list goes on and on and on. Every country at one time or another has been responsible for the death of Jews. So enough of the stupidity already.

Although I agree that most countries did something "problematic" one day or another, I think it's normal that we still have problems with the biggest or closest problems. I avoid buying German things, I also wouldn't "help" Poland or Austria by buying their stuff. I also avoid some brands like Adidas or German chemicals...
I don't boycott Switzerland, although their so called neutrality (= allowing rich Jews to enter and throwing the others out) has always given me bad feelings towards the country.

melalyse

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 10:09 am
Iv'e heard that in general Germany is very apologetic now and are very nice to the jews. I know of people who have gone there and have had pleasant experiences. The Germans now are not the same people so I think that it is a little bit silly to ban german cars.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 11:24 am
melalyse wrote:
Iv'e heard that in general Germany is very apologetic now and are very nice to the jews. I know of people who have gone there and have had pleasant experiences. The Germans now are not the same people so I think that it is a little bit silly to ban german cars.

It is true too, contrary to Poles for examples. Now, some people can't forget the past and/or the symbolic of some brands, which I also understand.

roza

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 10:18 pm
they rode bikes too...

Emuna

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 11:27 pm
We try not to buy German or European because soooo much European money goes to the "Palestinians". We will only support American - the ONLY supporter of Israel and a country definitely worth supporting.

ny21

Post Thu, Sep 21 2006, 12:03 pm
I would not buy a German car ! I dont like having anything made in Germany in my house .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics