Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Tip - removing oil stains from cotton

skcomputer

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 9:20 am
I keep getting oily food stains on my cotton shirts and sweaters from cooking, and they don't come out well with a regular pretreat spray (Shout) and machine washing. I did some googling and found that Dawn dishwashing liquid was recommended. WOW! It worked really well, even on clothing that's been through the dryer. I wet the spot and put Dawn onto the stain and rubbed the fabric together. I rinsed the best I could and then put it through the regular wash and the stains came out! I've tried this on 3 garments already and I'm so happy that I don't have to throw them out. I guess I should wear an apron when I'm cooking, but this is a nice alternative solution.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 9:23 pm
tx for sharing the great tip!!!!!!

mazelandbracha

Post Tue, Apr 12 2011, 10:36 pm
Thank you so much! I was literally about to throw out a shirt - this happens to me all the time! I'm gonna give this a try!

chanahlady

Post Wed, Apr 13 2011, 12:54 pm
Thank you! I've already ruined two shirts with oil stains, so I will definitely try this on the next one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry