Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Favorite new recipes-- pls post!

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Apr 21 2011, 8:20 pm
I'm looking to expand my Pesach recipe collection for next year (yeah!) and I'm clipping some to put away before we pack up the Pesach stuff.

What was your new winner for this year?

Please post any for the benefit of all minhagim BUT for me personally, we do no dairy and no unpeeled fruits/veggies, very few processed products but we do use potato starch and oil Smile

------------

Categories:

Fish

Soup

Salad

Main (meat or chicken)

Side (Kugels preferably)

Dessert

-------

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 21 2011, 8:23 pm
Do you use garlic? Which veggies - or is it any, as long as they can be peeled?

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Apr 21 2011, 8:30 pm
I use garlic == anything that can be peeled pretty much

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 21 2011, 10:05 pm
We enjoyed poached salmon, carp gefilte fish, kirby salad, avocado spread, zucchini spaghetti, sweet potato salad, creamy mashed potatoes, garlic marinated roast beef, homemade duck sauce, naturally sweet apple sauce compote, fresh melon, brownies, almond cookies...

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Apr 21 2011, 10:09 pm
ra_mom wrote:
We enjoyed poached salmon, carp gefilte fish, kirby salad, avocado spread, zucchini spaghetti, sweet potato salad, creamy mashed potatoes, garlic marinated roast beef, homemade duck sauce, naturally sweet apple sauce compote, fresh melon, brownies, almond cookies...

Would you be able to post the recipe for the almond cookies (if they don't have potato starch in them)? Thanks.

nicole81

Post Thu, Apr 21 2011, 10:11 pm
I liked salmon with mango salsa. very healthy and refreshing.

the molten chocolate cakes were a big hit (but they have chocolate in them...)

I haven't really cooked much so far, so I'll see what goes over best over the rest of the days.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 21 2011, 10:16 pm
Lady Godiva wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

Would you be able to post the recipe for the almond cookies (if they don't have potato starch in them)? Thanks.

Almond Cookies

1 cup sugar
3 cups ground almonds
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 Tbsp vanilla sugar (optional)
1/4 tsp salt (optional)

Combine the sugar and ground nuts until combined. Add eggs, vanilla, and salt. Mix with a spoon until wet, then use your hands to combine it more. Mixture will be thick.
Grease hands. Form tiny round balls. Arrange on 2 cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Do not overbake. Let harden before removing from pan.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Tastes best eaten straight from the freezer.

Lady Godiva

Post Thu, Apr 21 2011, 10:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Lady Godiva wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

Almond Cookies

1 cup sugar
3 cups ground almonds
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 Tbsp vanilla sugar (optional)
1/4 tsp salt (optional)

Combine the sugar and ground nuts until combined. Add eggs, vanilla, and salt. Mix with a spoon until wet, then use your hands to combine it more. Mixture will be thick.
Grease hands. Form tiny round balls. Arrange on 2 cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Do not overbake. Let harden before removing from pan.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Tastes best eaten straight from the freezer.

Thank you. Very Happy I'll be trying these.

ILOVELIFE

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 12:31 pm
ra_mom wrote:

I'd love the recipe for sweet potato salad and homemade duck sauce and thx for the almond cookies Smile

thx

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 12:59 pm
ILOVELIFE wrote:
ra_mom wrote:

I'd love the recipe for sweet potato salad and homemade duck sauce and thx for the almond cookies Smile

thx
Peel and cube sweet potatoes. Drop into pot of boiling water, and cook until al dente, about 12 minutes? You should be able to pierce the pieces with a fork, but seriously that's it. It should not be overcooked or the salad will become mushy.
Rinse the sweet potato cubes right away with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set on (KLP Smile )paper towels to drain.
I used about 2-3 large sweet potatoes, pickles, scallions, mayo based dressing.
But you can easily use some grated carrots and chopped onions instead of the pickles and scallions. Pour over sweet potatoes. Cover container, and turn over to make sure the dressing gets everywhere, before turning upright again.

Do you need a no-fail mayo recipe?

Here's the famous duck sauce recipe.
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....sauce

ETA: can't believe I forgot about homemade kishka for the cholent!

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Mar 21 2023, 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Apr 22 2011, 2:34 pm
I made really good jam. I also made pesto, granola, meringues, and macaroons. All recipes posted here.

Of course, so was my fish, soup, lemonade, tsimes, ratatoulle ....

Tiale

Post Sat, Apr 23 2011, 9:31 am
Vegetarian chopped liver, potato latkes, stuffed shnitzels, avocado/egg salad, chicken soup, beef carrot/beet soup, mango-banana sorbets

Tiale

Post Sat, Apr 23 2011, 9:33 am
Chocolate moose- if u have time: how do u make the jam and macaroons?

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Apr 23 2011, 10:55 pm
both recipes posted. and they are easy and quick !

chom

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 12:16 am
1)
Chicken Kugel

Cubed baked chicken tops
cubed cooked potatoes
fried onions
2 scrambled eggs
salt
5 raw eggs

heat a bit of oil
pour in mixture
brown the bottom abt 6 minutes
turn over w/ flat plate or pot cover
fry on other side 2-3 mintues

Enjoy!
Best fresh
Still very good cold!

2)
Braised Roast

fry large onion
salt
add a tomato - I peel it
add carrots

add roast
brown on each side

add wine
beet juice
little bit of water

cook for 4 hours on low / 3
cool
remove net and slice
put back into gravy

peppermint

Post Thu, Apr 28 2011, 10:26 am
My family really enjoyed the sweet and tangy non-gebroks apple kugel. The recipe was from a recent Mishpacha magazine. It was basically apples and apricot preserves.

shaini

Post Sat, Apr 30 2011, 6:57 am
I made Roasted Red Pepper and Carrot Soup for the 1st time and it was delicious. Sorry if it doesn't fit everyone's categories for ingredients.

6 large redpeppers, cut into quarters, seeds removed
3 tbspn oil
2 onions peeled and roughly chopped
1 large bunch fresh basil, plus extra sprigs to garnish if desired
4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
6 carrots peled androughly chopped
2 litres vbegetable or chicken stock (I used soup mix/powder)
pinch sugar
pinch salt

Preheat grill to highest setting
Place the peppers on an oven tray and brush them with oil. Grill for about 10 minutes or untilthe skins have blackened and blistered. (I'm sure this can be done in the oven)
Meanwhile, heat a large deep saucepan with the remaining oil. Saute onions,carrots and garlic for about 5 minutes. Add the stock and a pinch of sugar and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes umntil the carrots are soft.
Remove the peppers from the grill and immediately transfer to a dish and cover with clingfilm. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
Remove the skins from the peppers (the messiest part) and roughly chop. Keep one red pepper back for garnish but add the rest to the soup with the basil.
Simmer the soup for a final 5 minutes.
Liquidise half the soup to produce a semi-puree consistency (I liquidised all). Return to the saucepane. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
To serve the stylish way sprinkle the retained chopped red pepper over the soup and garnish with sprigs of fresh basil.

realeez

Post Sat, Apr 30 2011, 9:22 pm
The best dessert ever for Pesach and it's not even specifically meant to be a Pesach recipe!

8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
1 cup unsalted butter, margarine or oil
1 1/2 cup sugar
6 large eggs
1 cup cocoa powder

Preheat oven to 375° and grease 9x13 inch baking pan. Line bottom with parchment paper. Melt chocolate with butter in a double boiler or metal bowl in a saucepan with boiling water. Remove from heat and mix in sugar and eggs, whisking well. Stir in cocoa until combined. Pour batter prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes, until top forms a thin crust. Freezes well and tastes great straight from the freezer!

Tiale

Post Sun, May 01 2011, 5:24 am
Thanks chocolate moose!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics