Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
HELP! looking to buy a used dress for sisters chasina
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 8:40 pm
my brother's getting married right after shavuos and I still don't have what to wear! I'd like to buy something second-hand (I have another chasunah in September so it'll get used). Does anyone know a place that sells decent used wedding dresses or gowns in BP or Flatbush?

Chloe

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 9:02 pm
Color? Size? Gown or dress? Price range?

Rosemarie

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 9:26 pm
Elegant Reflections
917-803-9307
somewhere in low 50's on 11th or fort hamilton (I don't remember exactly where)
It's a consignment store. She has beautiful things, most are for sale, some are for rent.

Debb

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 10:02 pm
Give details about exactly what you're looking for...maybe someone here has a gown they want to sell. My family and I have a few beautiful gowns that we are looking to sell.

amother

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 10:25 pm
which size are you? I bought something for my sisters wedding and its in my closet for two months. maybe it could be yours?

amother

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 10:40 pm
Chloe wrote:

these are my preferences.

color: black
size: 2 - 4 (Small)
dress

Lefty

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 11:16 pm
amother wrote:
Chloe wrote:

these are my preferences.

color: black
size: 2 - 4 (Small)
dress

I have a very stunning, elegant 2 peice long silky skirt with fancy top. ur size. pm me for more details.
I want to get rid of it. I dont fit into it anymore. I used it once

runninglate

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 11:28 pm
I have a black bubble dress with a bulero ( no clue how thats spelled). Very elegant, was made a few yrs ago by mrs halberstam for my brothers aufruf. I was planning to give it away, as it no longer fits so pm me if your interested. Size four.

greatful

Post Tue, May 03 2011, 11:39 pm
Go to a Gemach they have great prices Smile

amother

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 1:31 am
RR6178 wrote:
I have a black bubble dress with a bulero ( no clue how thats spelled). Very elegant, was made a few yrs ago by mrs halberstam for my brothers aufruf. I was planning to give it away, as it no longer fits so pm me if your interested. Size four.

not OP but whats a bulero?
how long is it?
im 5'6''

momaleh

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 4:14 am
I have a stunning Oscar De La Renta Couture black ball gown that retailed for $3000 and I bought on sale. It came with sleeves and shoulders but I added in a higher neckline - it looks like it came that way, not built up. It is a tiny fit, more size 2 than size 4. It is mostly taffeta but it does have velvet, if that bothers you. Let me know if you want to see a pic. Asking price $300. Located in Queens.

runninglate

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 4:35 am
amother wrote:
RR6178 wrote:

not OP but whats a bulero?
how long is it?
im 5'6''
my spellling might be totally unrelated to the word.. Its a short jacket.. over a dress. Im a bit shorter than you, but its a full skirt so it will prob be long enough, but its not ankle length. U can pm me for more info.

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 5:09 am
That wold be BOLERO jacket.

librarygirl

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 9:28 am
My sister's wedding was last night. I bought a used gown from Bridal Direct, on Coney Island between P and Kings Highway, I think. They mostly do rentals, but they sell the ones they are finished with in the basement for around $300.

NativeMom

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 4:50 pm
librarygirl wrote:
My sister's wedding was last night. I bought a used gown from Bridal Direct, on Coney Island between P and Kings Highway, I think. They mostly do rentals, but they sell the ones they are finished with in the basement for around $300.

how was the quality? were they nice? did they have different styles? I'm looking for a gown for my brother in laws wedding.

Yippie

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 4:56 pm
im also looking to rent a "dress"
size 2- short
black or navy

amother

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 5:05 pm
I bought by nordstrom online for my brother in laws wedding. They have lots of nice stuff and not so expensive. I know lots of other people also who were happy with what they got there.

tlipas

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 5:29 pm
I had a fam wedding few weeks ago looking to sell the gowns stunning gown if u send me ur email address I can send u pics

sky

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 6:24 pm
If you would wear a chiffon jumper (that a lot of people are wearing and rental places are renting) you can buy at macy's, nordstrom, or Lord and Taylor and wear a shell underneath.

r

Post Wed, May 04 2011, 6:49 pm
my sisterlaw is getting married now lag boemar I bought a new dress\jumper and im looking to sell it or rent it is size 2-4 long, its black and blue ruffles. (real good price)
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics