Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Thicker fruit soup?

ceo

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 10:36 am
Anyone have a recipe for a fruit soup that has a "thicker" consistency? I don't like fruit soup if it's just fruit juice with some chunks of fruit in it (like compote). Instead, something that's a bit thicker, like a similar consistency to butternut squash soup... or along those lines.

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 12:07 pm
Quick and kosher has a dairy no-cook mango soup that is think like a smoothie.

life'sgreat

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 1:48 pm
ceo wrote:
Anyone have a recipe for a fruit soup that has a "thicker" consistency? I don't like fruit soup if it's just fruit juice with some chunks of fruit in it (like compote). Instead, something that's a bit thicker, like a similar consistency to butternut squash soup... or along those lines.

Not sure if this is the kind of soup you'd go for, but I love cherry or strawberry soup with sour cream. Not only is it thicker, but it gives it a bit of a tangy taste. I think I have the strawberry soup recipe (very easy, no cooking IIRC).

mommyla

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 2:29 pm
Strawberry soup:

Blend: 1 bag (16 oz) frozen strawberries
1/2 c sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 c white wine

in blender until smooth. Serve cold with blueberries.
Yum!

skcomputer

Post Thu, May 05 2011, 2:55 pm
My fruit soups are boiled. I reduce the amount of sugar a bit and then after I turn off the stove, I stir in a package of jello and it thickens the soup up as it cools. I also do this for cranberry sauce.

Shopmiami49

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 2:37 am
mommyla wrote:
Strawberry soup:

Blend: 1 bag (16 oz) frozen strawberries
1/2 c sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 c white wine

in blender until smooth. Serve cold with blueberries.
Yum!

I also serve this, but I use white grape juice in place of the wine. Also, we love it when it's served like this:

I freeze the soup flat in a Ziploc and about 1 hour before serving, I put the Ziploc in the fridge to defrost. Then about 20 minutes before serving, I crush the bag with my hands to break the softened pieces and then I pour into bowls. It's like having a cold fruit smoothie right in the begininng of the meal. Mmmmmm

Yocheved84

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 7:58 am
Do you all think I could use Stevia or Splenda instead of the sugar? (Just opinions--looking for low-cal)

ra_mom

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 11:18 am
Yocheved84 wrote:
Do you all think I could use Stevia or Splenda instead of the sugar? (Just opinions--looking for low-cal)
Yes. Use them to taste.

Mrs Bissli

Post Wed, May 25 2011, 8:22 pm
I also do cooked fruit soup (plums, apples, cherries). Toward the end, I add corn starch diluted in water so my soup comes out nice and thick.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics