Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Jewelry insurance

amother

Post Sun, May 08 2011, 6:25 pm
I'm not sure where to put this...
I'm looking into getting insurance on jewelry. Any info?

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 9:12 pm
yes. have your better pieces appraised first.

amother

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 9:20 pm
Call Isaac Tiefenbrun he sells jewelery and insurance too. He is very honest and reliable.
He can be contacted at isaac@isaacsjewels.com or 718-839-5591

blue eyes

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 9:23 pm
Y go anonymous Amothers? whats the big deal about recommending jewelery insurance?

Happy18

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 9:24 pm
I'm pretty sure mine is part of our renters insurance, so your can probably put it on your homeowners insurance plan. Also, when we first got married we were advised not to insure any pieces below $1000.

amother

Post Tue, May 10 2011, 10:01 pm
We use Liberty Mutual. They insure our car and about $100,000 in damages plus all my jewelery and silver. It's totally worth the piece of mind. I travel a lot and I am a lot calmer because of it. You have to have your pieces appraised first and then you fax the papers in to them it's a very easy process. The expense is having your pieces appraised because they take 1 % of the value of everything insured and before you turn around it could add up to $1,000. What we did was we spoke to the appraiser beforehand and bargained before she came down. I had one piece alone that was worth over $30,000 and why should I pay so much just because it's worth more. I have another piece worth $20,000 so we told her in advance that we have a lot of pieces worth a lot and we are only going to use her if she doesn't charge us a percent because it's the same work for her to write down a $500 piece or a $20,000 piece. She agreed but when she left she was upset because she felt if we could afford to buy these pieces we could afford to pay her more but I don't think we did anything wrong because we told her this before she came it's not as if we bargained after she did the job we agreed on the price beforehand.

Posting anon because I don't need people on imamother knowing how much valuables I have at home.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics