Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Shabbos Guests

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 4:04 pm
This summer we are renting a house in the Catskills for Shabbos. During the week I will be in the city working. We will like to invite friends of ours up for shabbos. Will it be rude for us to ask our guests to bring up linen (blankets, pillows, sheets, towels) for the weekend? The house we are renting does not have a washing machine. Besides that we are leaving back to the city on Sunday. That means everyweek I will have to remove the linen from the guest beds and bring back the linen and towels to the city to wash and then bring it back on Friday for the following guests. What would you do in this situation?

Raisin

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 4:06 pm
no, not rude at all.

abound

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 4:19 pm
Perfectly fine.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 5:07 pm
Just make it clear as parst of the weekly invite. And have extras on hand, just in case.

amother

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 7:22 pm
If we are inviting a family with 2 to 4 kids its quiete a bit of extras to have in hand if they forget to bring linen.
On Sunday afternoon when the guests leave we are also on the way back to the city. And basically Friday I will be coming up with the food ready made. I am not even planning on cooking in this house.

zaq

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 7:39 pm
It's not rude, it's the only sensible thing to do. If people are offended, they don't have to come and you can invite other people who are more understanding.

life'sgreat

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 8:32 pm
As long as they won't be shlepping by bus or getting a ride with others, I don't see the issue at all.

lamplighter

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 9:49 pm
Another vote for perfectly acceptable.

Basimcha

Post Mon, May 16 2011, 10:00 pm
life'sgreat wrote:
As long as they won't be shlepping by bus or getting a ride with others, I don't see the issue at all.

Totally agree.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette