Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Would you take along baby to therapy?
Previous  1  2  3

would you take along baby to therapy?
yes  
 43%  [ 29 ]
no  
 56%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 67

amother

Post Mon, May 23 2011, 12:25 pm
Simple1 wrote:
amother wrote:
OP here,

I really appreciate to hear what you all have to say to it. baby is 2 months old. therapist is a female & im trying to schedule time that baby will be fed & should be sleeping, but kids are unpredictable, baby is generally a real good baby bh. I will be traveling at least 1/2 hr without traffic there. if leave by babysitter that means I cant do any errands in that area, which is area I go to a lot for errands & I will be away from baby for close to 3 hrs.
Its a good idea to ask therapist, didnt think of that. I just hope I can take along, I just feel a bit weird about it, like I cant stay away from baby, but I feel the most comfy about it. my kids are my pocketbooks, usually.

Keep your opinions coming. Thanks

Can you find a baby sitter in that area?

I might, but dont feel comfy leaving baby by anyone. the one I trust is at least 1/2 hr drive away.

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, May 23 2011, 1:38 pm
6yeladim wrote:
I have a friend who has a doctorate in immunology, who has studied breastfeeding and breastmilk extensively. She says that newborn babies experience stress after a short while of not being held by their mothers--they need to be near their food source. This is measured by rising levels of cortisol in their blood. She recommends holding babies nearly constantly for the first few weeks/months. At any rate there is no way to predict when a newborn will next get hungry.
I don't understand how one can be sure that the baby doesn't care.

Bringing the baby to the appointment in a sling is the easiest, as the baby feels safe and secure and the mother can feed as soon as the baby gets restless (instead of waiting until the baby is crying outright).
The mother may concentrate better on the therapist if she is concerned about her baby at home, especially if she doesn't have reliable child care.

In non-western cultures it's considered cruel to separate newborns from their mothers.

I love this post. I always had the instinct that this was the right way to take care of a baby. Its nice to see it in writing.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette