Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shavuos
Blintz advice needed, I messed up when making the leaves

Liba

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 8:12 am
Crying I just made 12 eggs worth of blintz leaves and made them all with my potato blintz recipe, aka with salt in the leaves, instead of making any of them sweat for cheese and fruit blintzes.

Can I use the ones I made for cheese and sweet blintzes or should I start again? They aren't a lot salty, just a touch, but they certainly aren't sweet.

Seraph

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 8:16 am
Yea, it should be fine. As long as the filling is sweet. A touch of salt makes sweet taste even yummier!

Liba

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 8:19 am
Seraph that is exactly what I needed to hear, I am so not ready to do that again. Smile Having that many potato blintzes might have made for some very very happy children though. Very Happy

Seraph

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 8:25 am
Dang it- you just got me really in the mood for potato blintzes!

Liba

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 8:28 am
Smile I would like some too, but I am not peeling potatoes at this very minute. I am in pain already from making the crepes.

Seraph

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 8:38 am
I make my mashed potatoes and blintzes and anything that calls for potatoes- with the skin on.

Liba

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 8:49 am
My kids wouldn't be happy, which is fine since my 13 year old is pealing potatoes as I type. Smile

CatLady

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 10:33 am
Since salted caramel is very trendy, you could top the blintzes with warm caramel sauce and a few flakes of fleur de sel. Or if the crepes are really too salty, I'd make a manicotti-type filling (ricotta, eggs, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and spinach that's squeezed dry), roll up, and bake covered with tomato sauce.

Liba

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 11:07 am
The girls peeled a lot of potatoes. I think I will see how many blintzes we get out of the potatoes and if we end up using all of these wrappers. If we use them up I will IY"H take some more pain meds and move onto the sweeter wrappers for the cheese.

Tamiri

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 11:51 am
I have one blintz recipe, passed down from my mother's mother, and it's the same one for sweet, meat or potatoes. Delicious.

Liba

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 1:10 pm
Smile we ended up with a couple eaten leaves and 28 potato blintzes in the freezer. There weren't enough leaves for the cheese blintzes so I had to make new ones anyway. It is all beshert.

shanie5

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 1:39 pm
Tamiri wrote:
I have one blintz recipe, passed down from my mother's mother, and it's the same one for sweet, meat or potatoes. Delicious.

One recipe here too. Though as it calls for milk & butter, I don't use it for meat Wink

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 1:44 pm
I have to tell you, Liba, every time I see this subject line my reaction is, you'll be fine, the gates of teshuva are open to all of us no matter how egregious the mess up.

Liba

Post Thu, Jun 02 2011, 1:54 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I have to tell you, Liba, every time I see this subject line my reaction is, you'll be fine, the gates of teshuva are open to all of us no matter how egregious the mess up.

Very Happy
Do you think that making the sweet blintz leaves counts as tshuva even if I took pain meds so my shoulder didn't hurt as much? Would proper tshuva have been to feel the pain fully?

All in all, likvod yom tov we ended up with extra blintzes and happy children. I am not sure I need much tshuva for that. LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics