Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Is my chicken Treif?

STN

Post Tue, Jun 07 2011, 2:16 am
I was preparing chicken cutlets coated in french fried onions for Yom Tov, when I noticed on the can allergen information that this product is made on same equipment as products containing milk ingrdients. This product bears a plain OU. Is my chicken now treif?

imamothertoo

Post Tue, Jun 07 2011, 2:20 am
Are u referring to French's?

STN

Post Tue, Jun 07 2011, 2:41 am
yes

yaelinIN

Post Tue, Jun 07 2011, 4:45 am
No it shouldn't be (although run the ? by a rabbi). If there is a plain OU then they kashered the equipment properly and it is truly pareve. The allergen warning for people THAT allergic to milk products (like it might have a microgram of dairy something from the air of the manufacturing plant).

imamothertoo

Post Tue, Jun 07 2011, 5:15 am
Double check with the OU with a quick phone call. My DH called them a couple of months ago and they said it was fine.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 07 2011, 10:39 am
It's DEF not treif. Some oU d things are also halachically pareve. you have to know what's what.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jun 07 2011, 10:49 am
yaelinIN wrote:
No it shouldn't be (although run the ? by a rabbi). If there is a plain OU then they kashered the equipment properly and it is truly pareve. The allergen warning for people THAT allergic to milk products (like it might have a microgram of dairy something from the air of the manufacturing plant).

What she said.

You can rely on the OU. The french's french fried onions are parve.

mazelandbracha

Post Tue, Jun 07 2011, 2:25 pm
Lots of those allergy statements are just to prevent lawsuits. I just used an OU soy sauce that said "May contain traces of milk, anchovies, clams, eggs and walnuts." After my Rav stopped laughing he said that those allergy statements are almost always nothing to worry about and you can trust the OU.

STN

Post Tue, Jun 07 2011, 4:41 pm
Thank you for all your comments, they calmed me down until I was able to call the OU. I was told that they are 100% pareve. :D
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen