Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
ISO city with a warm community/school. Suggestions?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 11:24 am
we live in detroit right now, but are looking to move somewhere else. where do they have schools with a warm attitude toward yiddishkeit? I went to a school with a colder approach and it really turned me off. I don't want to have my kids experience the same. they are still young, but approaching school age and I'm getting a bit concerned. we don't have much going for us here in d-town and are looking for a fresh start. any ideas would be appreciated.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 11:33 am
Ariel! We even have at least one Detroit family here Smile

tryinghard

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 12:45 pm
Rochester is a really nice community - small, but warm and with a fantastic school
http://www.5tjt.com/recipes/39.....er-ny

amother

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 12:52 pm
Baltimore is a great choice for many people and there are many affordable houses for sale right now. I don't know anyone here who is unhappy with living here, generally speaking. It's just an idea to consider.

obagys

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 1:16 pm
There seem to be a lot of threads like this lately. Do a search because lots of people have been cheerleading for their hometowns and you will probably find some relevant, useful information that way.

I'm going to 2nd Baltimore - wonderful, warm community with great schools, affordable housing, lots of Jewish shops/services & many shuls. There is a mix of Jews from modern to ultra-orthadox so that everyone can find their place and fit in.

mominisrael2

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 1:27 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
Ariel! We even have at least one Detroit family here Smile

Hey, if she wants to make aliyah, I think Maale Adumim is at least 50 percent ex-Detroitians... Smile

amother

Post Mon, Jun 13 2011, 2:04 pm
OP here. thanks for responding. I saw some similar threads, but I really want to know about the schools. that's really my main concern. unfortunately israel is out of our reach right now, or we'd be there in a heartbeat.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 15 2011, 9:37 am
atlanta!!!

Soul on fire

Post Wed, Jun 15 2011, 1:27 pm
I think NE Philly is great for most things but the school isn't one of them. Well, I take that back...some people LOVE it and some people HATE it.

abby1776

Post Wed, Jun 15 2011, 1:53 pm
I think the schools in Baltimore are really good. I am very happy with them and there are a lot of choices, except if you are MO/Zionist - Rambam just closed and I think that really leaves a hole in the choices for people.

pobody's nerfect

Post Wed, Jun 15 2011, 2:25 pm
another vote for rochester.
the community is very warm (example: when someone heard I was planning to make a kiddush, they sent a list of all the other simchas coming up to make sure I don't overlap) and the day school is EXCELLENT. (I do teach there, so I'm partial.... 2nd grade is the best!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating